Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: MI-6 Pin Pointer problems???
Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 16, 2017 02:36AM
I haven't paired mine waiting for 4.1 but have noticed if put right on the target without knowing its just there (the target) it can read the target as the ground as in not give a tone or very little tone like the target is further away anyone else have this issue or am I doing something wrong?

otherwise I am happy its just different to the carrot and going to take a bit to get used too.

AJ

Posted by: cookie58
Date: October 16, 2017 06:33AM
Try and adjust the sensitivity. Sensitivity is real easilly adjusted when paired and it does make a big difference. I'm sure it can be adjusted also in the stand alone mode.

Posted by: RogerW
Date: October 16, 2017 05:00PM
I can understand that the MI-6 has more options and can be tweaked for your personal preferences. Bottom line - does it perform that much better in the field to justify the additional effort that is required as opposed to using the carrot?

RDW

Date: October 16, 2017 07:09PM
I used it again today. It is definitely as good as the Garrett. My old pin pointer was the black one and not the carrot. The benefits are hearing through the headphones and the sensitivity adjustment. It does sound off or seems to at a greater distance over the target even without sensitivity adjusted. It feels just a little different because of the delay when turning on and off and I'm sure that will get betterwith time. I do believe that I will use the 4.1 download when available to help with this. But, if you like the XP deus, and I do, the MI-6 is just an extension of it and seems to good product----so far.

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: October 20, 2017 08:37AM
Another thing you will like about the MI-6 is that it will recharge in about 10 minutes and hold the charge a long time. I take the carrot which eats batteries strickly as a backup now.

Posted by: Listener
Date: October 20, 2017 11:40AM
Meant to say have you tried it with just the HF Coils.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 11:42AM by Listener.

.N/T
Posted by: david.di
Date: October 20, 2017 08:45PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 08:48PM by david.di.

Date: October 20, 2017 11:00PM
Thanks David..........

V4.X . . . . . Beta vs. Official Release
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: October 21, 2017 04:59PM
In case people wonder where the post went that contained a link to an early beta version of V4.1 (the one that was posted was from March and there have been several updates since), it was removed because it was months old. While it works for some, others have had issues that required sending the remote and / or puck to the service center to get reset.

In contact with XP, they are working on addressing the communication issue when using the MI6 and switching to / from the coil and that will be the basis for the V4.1 official release.

If you are adventurous and willing to take the chance that a beta version floating out there is worth installing, realize that you may find yourself without the detector while it is getting fixed.

The official release is coming . . . . and it will be fully vetted so that there are no unexpected surprises when installing it.

Andy Sabisch

Date: October 21, 2017 08:28PM
Don't want that or to take a chance of that. Thanks!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login