Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
My second find with the Deus
Posted by: skateteacher
Date: October 23, 2017 10:33PM
I haven't really been able to get out and hunt much the past 3 weeks since I got my Deus. Teaching, coaching golf and freaking hot Santa Ana winds have just made hunting hard to do. I got a call for a lost Titanium wedding ring at the beach in the dry sand this afternoon. It seems on Saturday my client gave his wedding ring to his wife to keep safe while he surfed and as luck would have it she accidentally dumped it into the sand.
I had about 35 minutes of daylight left so I got the parameters of where they thought they'd lost the ring and I had the dry beach/sand program going(gotta say it's QUIET) and after about a minute I got a firm signal on the Deus, registered at a 36 and scooped up a Titanium wedding band.

My first find was a 22k gold ring 2 weeks ago and today it was the Titanium wedding band. At the rate I'm going I will soon be able to quit my middle school PE job and just metal detect with my Deus.

Re: My second find with the Deus
Posted by: squirrel1
Date: October 23, 2017 11:18PM
Nice recovery.
Thanks for sharing.

Go Deus!

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: October 24, 2017 06:12AM
Congrats on the finds and good luck with your new Deus ! :detecting:

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: HuntinDog
Date: October 24, 2017 10:17AM
Great Second find and return.
You're on a roll.

No. Cal. Gold Country
XP DEUS / 9"-11"-11X13" coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
6000 Di Pro SL
MXT Pro / 300, 10D2, 950, 6X9 Eclipse, 4X6 Shooter
DX-1 and Sun Ray Pro Golds

Keep your head down, your swing smooth and Coil to the soil

Your picture redone
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: October 24, 2017 10:29AM
Nice find!

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 24, 2017 10:36AM
looks like ya smoking a reefer :buds:

AJ

Posted by: JBM1
Date: October 24, 2017 03:09PM
Well done, nothing like a piece of Lady Luck fortune to cheer us all up.:beers: Jerry.

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: October 24, 2017 08:30PM
congrats!

Date: October 24, 2017 08:52PM
amberjack

AJ

Ha ha, that's how bad I am at taking pics. The Deus has proved to be a winner. I really want to try it in the wet sand but the Excal always wins out. We've had some good late afternoon low tides and I've only used my excal and yet my finds have been under a $1.50 on two hunts. I think the Deus is trying to tell me something.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: October 25, 2017 07:48AM
Nice find!!!I beach hunt a lot not with my Deus though how are you ground balancing?
And I hunt wet and dry saltwater beaches but I almost always use my Etrac.

Posted by: pplinker
Date: October 30, 2017 12:46PM
amberjack

AJ

Have to enlarge the picture to see that it is a surfboard in the background. Does indeed look like something in his hand.

Good job on finding and returning the ring!

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Re: My second find with the DeusN/T
Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: October 30, 2017 05:52PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Date: October 30, 2017 08:35PM
Mkus
Nice find!!!I beach hunt a lot not with my Deus though how are you ground balancing?
And I hunt wet and dry saltwater beaches but I almost always use my Etrac.

I just used the standard dry sand program for it, no mods to it. I think the Deus is going to be my go to for the dry sand as I still love using my excal II for the wet and the water. The thing I don't like about the Deus on the dry sand is the coil cover. It just scoops sand into it and you're always having to stop and get the sand out. All detectors get sand between coil and cover but the deus is excessive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login