Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Keep going back to the deus
Posted by: Gannon
Date: November 02, 2017 08:39PM
I’ve owned and used many detectors, Etrac fishers, at pro at max Tesoro’s etc.

Since using the deus everything else seems lacking.

Most null over iron, are too slow, too jumpy, not deep enough the dang list goes on and on.

As many of you know (v4) the deus is so customizable pending on where I go. It’s like haveing several detectors in one.

So I need to stop buying detectors and just stick with the best! Now if I could eliminate the deep iron wrap around I’ll be super happy..but that affects all detectors.

Fisher f70
AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Tesoro Silver umax
Garrett AT Max
18 silvers ytd
4 Rings

Re: Keep going back to the deus
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: November 03, 2017 06:25AM
Ive been pondering this issue myself.... ive bought a few detectors to test and for what I do they were always lacking for what I do and that's relic hunt... So I was gonna buy a at max , nokta impact and so forth to test and actually ordered a impact and paid for it. I got to thinking and asked myself if I really wanted to waste my time with another detector? I watched some videos of it and decided it was a hyped up racer 2 in a heavy frame and cancelled, the moral of the story some times you have the best in your hands already and chasing better all the time is really just a waste of time. Its better to have one sharp sword and be a expert with it then to have 5 sharp swords and be a novice with them.. My nature wants to me to buy and chase but I fight it lol good luck

Posted by: BarryL
Date: November 03, 2017 06:47PM
I agree have been in the same boat tried so many different detectors . I finally made up my mind to stay with the Deus and learn it to the best I can as you are correct as it is so many different detectors depending on setup. I do own an AT Pro and use it for one specific use and that is water hunting when I want to go water hunting . I have a X2 for my Club hunts . The Deus is so light and versatile it is a pleasure to use . Now if I could just get a chance to go join Calabash on a relic hunt I would be content . But I need to hit the lottery or find that one target to afford a week off and plane ticket to meet up LOL

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: November 20, 2017 09:51PM
The mighty Deus.

One comment.

Using Deus in and around iron, quite a bit of latitude (nuance) exists for signals (tones) on nonferrous targets.
Learning to hear and distinguish takes time, and yes even already hard hunted sites so Deus is ultra challenged.

Hunting virgin sites, it would take years IMO to learn Deus well.

Posted by: hairymonsterman
Date: November 21, 2017 03:41AM
As much as the Deus is good at sifting in iron, it just lacked the depth i needed out in the field, most of the machines i've used have, some cheap models though have actually been very good in comparison.
If i had good soil, short grass and high conductor coins/relics to hunt, i'd probably still have a Deus, or Rutus lol

Date: November 21, 2017 06:21AM
What are you swinging now that out does it on depth? A pi machine?

Posted by: Mkus
Date: November 21, 2017 06:27AM
Ive had no problems with depth? found a huge button must have been 10" down in a field signal was so loud to GM power..

Date: November 21, 2017 07:59AM
No mate, im using the AKA Signum.
It's not that the Deus wasn't doing a good job, it did find me some real old silver, it mearly comes down to the tougher ground i hunt in, and the Signum gets slightly deeper in it, though it also hits a brick wall eventually.
The biggest advantage is where the Deus is at it's max depth and giving a scratchy one way signal, the Signum would still be giving a banging 2 way signal, it alerts to targets fantastically well with it running 2 channels at the same time, an all metal and a disc channel.
But the Deus beats it hands down in iron, the Signum is fast with adjustable reactivity, but it doesn't see around nails etc like the Deus, though i bought it as a deep open field hunting machine and at that job it beats anything i've used to date.

calabash digger

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: November 21, 2017 10:44AM
Yep, the Deus is quite the detector! I too have lots of detectors but love the Deus. It's light, and it's not heavy. :-)

Date: November 21, 2017 10:54AM
Yeah I knew the aka detectors were deep , I had a sorex pro and it was deep too but ground balance was finicky.
hairymonsterman
It's not that the Deus wasn't doing a good job, it did find me some real old silver, it mearly comes down to the tougher ground i hunt in, and the Signum gets slightly deeper in it, though it also hits a brick wall eventually.
The biggest advantage is where the Deus is at it's max depth and giving a scratchy one way signal, the Signum would still be giving a banging 2 way signal, it alerts to targets fantastically well with it running 2 channels at the same time, an all metal and a disc channel.
But the Deus beats it hands down in iron, the Signum is fast with adjustable reactivity, but it doesn't see around nails etc like the Deus, though i bought it as a deep open field hunting machine and at that job it beats anything i've used to date.

calabash digger

Date: November 21, 2017 11:15AM
I had to GB my Deus everytime as well, i wasn't a fan of it's GB tracking, it seemed to wander off for no reason, i also tested the new tracking in 4.1 but still preferred to do a manual check often while hunting.
The Signum GB is not too bad, certainly no worse than the Deus, i generally manual GB and as i'm mostly after mid conductors it can be a few points off with no ill effects.

calabash digger
Yeah I knew the aka detectors were deep , I had a sorex pro and it was deep too but ground balance was finicky.
hairymonsterman

calabash digger

Posted by: Busparts
Date: November 21, 2017 01:40PM
Light and easy to swing, and I keep finding things in places that I had been over with other detectors.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login