Findmall.com

Good Deeds in Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
My Good Deed For the Day :clapping:
Posted by: Richard@BackwoodsDetectors
Date: August 20, 2014 06:55PM
I got permission to hunt an old farmhouse from a gentleman who had grown up there as a child. I found about 100 Wheaties, 1 Indian Head, 6 silver dimes, a gold wedding band and a large Navy Seabee ring, sterling silver. I went by the house today and the gentleman was there so I stopped. I asked him if any of his family had been in the Navy. He said his Dad and 2 uncles were. I pulled out the ring and asked him if it belonged to his dad and he said " if it' a Seabees ring, it is." Needless to say, he looked at it and on the top was " Seabees." He was, to say the least, very happy to have this Dad's ring since he had lost him 3 years ago in death. It really feels good to help people re-unite with their family's past. Richard

Re: My Good Deed For the Day :clapping:
Posted by: BRambo
Date: August 20, 2014 07:32PM
Well done.

Your a good man Richard...But we all knew that didn't we.
Posted by: Elton
Date: August 20, 2014 08:07PM
Your tops in my book Sir !!

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: August 20, 2014 10:06PM
Great post Richard and a good deed indeed. I bet that ring is priceless to the gentleman in the farmhouse.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: frankj3
Date: August 22, 2014 04:58PM
I look forward to the day I can post a good deed too.

Congrats and on behalf of the hobby......THANKS.

HH y'all.

Frank

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500, Garrett Pro Pointer

Happy Day Veterans!!

Posted by: Richard@BackwoodsDetectors
Date: August 26, 2014 09:58PM
Just makes you feel good. Situations like this have happened 2 times before and it always feels good and yes, it is one of the best things that we can do for the hobby.
Yes, Mr. David Roberts was very excited to get something that his dad had lost. Really precious memories to him....Thanks for the kind works, too. Richard

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login