Findmall.com

General Interests Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Is lead a good practice sample to memorize the tone of gold jewelry ?
Posted by: ToddB64
Date: June 15, 2017 02:29PM
High :wave:

Please see the title for my question.

Thanks for reply.

ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II µMax and Compadre, White's Classic ll, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica, RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Re: Is lead a good practice sample to memorize the tone of gold jewelry ?
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: June 15, 2017 08:21PM
Perhaps,but gold is better to practice with... ive found many pieces of aluminum that sounded like copper or silver but i dont want aluminum. .. ive found many pieces of small gold jewelry, many just sound like foil trash, but you gotta chase alot of trash to find small gold.. rings usually give a nice solid hit but the small stuff is often a smooth but weak signal.. tone wise gold is usually low tone , sometimes mid tone and rarely but sometime borderline high tone... just too many variables to memorize one tone and there's no substitute to practicing with a few pieces of gold jewelry. ...

Re: Is lead a good practice sample to memorize the tone of gold jewelry ?
Date: June 15, 2017 09:07PM
bootyhoundpa
Perhaps,but gold is better to practice with... ive found many pieces of aluminum that sounded like copper or silver but i dont want aluminum. .. ive found many pieces of small gold jewelry, many just sound like foil trash, but you gotta chase alot of trash to find small gold.. rings usually give a nice solid hit but the small stuff is often a smooth but weak signal.. tone wise gold is usually low tone , sometimes mid tone and rarely but sometime borderline high tone... just too many variables to memorize one tone and there's no substitute to practicing with a few pieces of gold jewelry. ...

Thanks bootyhoundpa ! You did a great wrap-up on the subject. :clapping:

Your last comment really "hit the nail on the head" for me !

I do have a 14K wedding ring and some high-karate (approx. 22K) pieces of natural gold I can use.

ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II µMax and Compadre, White's Classic ll, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica, RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2017 09:08PM by ToddB64.

Gold conductivity TID/Tones varies
Posted by: vlad
Date: June 16, 2017 08:43AM
in an extreme from many factors. Percent of gold, alloys added, size, shape, orientation, mineral and depth are just a few considerations,
About the only way to recover it is to fig all in that range, but it can be, tedious. Limit it to foil & tabs where most fall and you still have a real hand full.
Hit the dry sand on some beaches and you will see what I mean.
Dig more and prosper. :lol:

Re: Gold conductivity TID/Tones varies
Date: June 23, 2017 08:18PM
vlad
in an extreme from many factors. Percent of gold, alloys added, size, shape, orientation, mineral and depth are just a few considerations,
About the only way to recover it is to fig all in that range, but it can be, tedious. Limit it to foil & tabs where most fall and you still have a real hand full.
Hit the dry sand on some beaches and you will see what I mean.
Dig more and prosper. :lol:

Hi Vlad !

Thanks for your inputs. :thumbup:

Sorry I'm so late with this reply.....been recovering from some surgery.

Toddb64

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login