Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What is up with the Bucksbee addon offered with the Echange2 software download ???N/T
Posted by: Ray-Mo.
Date: June 15, 2012 06:06PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: What is up with the Bucksbee addon offered with the Echange2 software download ???
Posted by: spdnj
Date: June 15, 2012 06:13PM
:confused: Ill bite, im lost???

Re: What is up with the Bucksbee addon offered with the Echange2 software download ???
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: June 15, 2012 06:23PM
I googled it and it seems to be bad news, a spyware program.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Posted by: pspr
Date: June 15, 2012 06:26PM
You must have a malware virus on your computer that is trying to take advantage of your Xchange2 install and install itself. Get malwarebytes and clean your computer.

Posted by: LabradorBob
Date: June 15, 2012 06:54PM
From what i have read it is a browser that installs itself with its own proxy settings.
If you uninstall it ,it leaves data in the registry to try and re-install and causes computer slow-downs.
Just what i read,take it as you may, a lot of downloads want to install a browser on your computer so it is nothing out of the ordinary, Even software i have bought
gives the option to install browsers if you want them,such as firefox,Bing,Ebay,etc. etc. but they all have their own Proxy settings!

Gotta love the computer world!

LabradorBob

Missouri

Remember to keep those coil covers clean!
Go to the Maps and mapping forum here:
http://www.findmall.com/list.php?69

Posted by: LabradorBob
Date: June 15, 2012 08:00PM
Ok, I downloaded the software (Exchange 2) installed it, did some testing. I can not find the Bucksbee add on as of yet.
But i did get a Browser, i use Google Chrome and it switched me to one called Chromium, no visual difference, but it says it is the Browser of the future.
Loaded some web pages and it is Much faster than Google Chrome was. Hmmmmm also there is a proxy folder in the download that shows the settings used.

I will test it for a bit and see if i have any issues. Can't use it on a unit, i don't have the CTX but i can run some of the software.

LabradorBob

Missouri

Remember to keep those coil covers clean!
Go to the Maps and mapping forum here:
http://www.findmall.com/list.php?69

Re:Update ! Ran malwarebytes as suggested and it removed the offender hiding on my PC :thumbup:
Posted by: Ray-Mo.
Date: June 15, 2012 09:11PM
No more Bucksbee. Thanks for the the help,Ray.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login