Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
:minelab:CTX 3030 Field Test in Lost Treasure Magazine
Posted by: Digger
Date: June 17, 2012 11:55PM
Chris Gholson's Field Test of the CTX 3030 is featured in the August 2012 issue of Lost Treasure Magazine. Chris, a columnist for Lost Treasure Magazine, is contributing author for several other magazines including The Gold Prospector, and the International California Mining Journal. Chris also contributes to Minelab's TreasureTalk.

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After 40+ years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Re: :minelab:CTX 3030 Field Test in Lost Treasure Magazine
Posted by: BHNugget
Date: June 21, 2012 01:32PM
Cool looking forward to it!

Western SD
E-Trac,X-1
Sovereign GT,S-1
Ace 250

Posted by: earthmansurfer
Date: June 21, 2012 03:11PM
I found it on their website, cool!

CTX 3030 Review

Signum 7272M
Detector - E-Trac
Pro-Pointer w/ Sidekick (supertuner)
Lesche Knife

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
Yoda

Posted by: EtracTom-AdirondacksNY
Date: June 23, 2012 07:24PM
Been reading it a couple times myself on breaks at work.

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: June 24, 2012 10:22AM
That was a good read. I have heard a lot about the difficulty of connecting the shaft to the housing. I was wondering since I have one coming any tips to make it less painful? Thanks.

Posted by: TabWhisperer
Date: June 25, 2012 08:05PM
Harold,ILL.
That was a good read. I have heard a lot about the difficulty of connecting the shaft to the housing. I was wondering since I have one coming any tips to make it less painful? Thanks.

I read his comments and he most likely didn't read the instructions carefully since he was probably in a hurry to play with it. I was too! I thought the instructions were pretty clear and even then all you have to do is look at the top of the lower rod and the opening in the upper rod to see how it is keyed. Roughly 3 round corners and 1 square corner on the top of the lower rod. Just match that to the opening, push it all the way up until it stops and rotate it into the proper position where you will then be able to properly adjust it to your needs.

XP Deus, IDX Pro w/Bills mods, MXT Pro, TDI SL

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: June 26, 2012 10:40AM
Thanks for the Tip!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login