Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Grey ghost underwater headphones for CTX?
Posted by: li-mike
Date: July 08, 2012 12:33PM
Hi, I just purchased the CTX and would like to purchase some underwater headphones. I see that grey ghost sells a pair. I was wondering if anybody has used them and what there thoughts were. I figured I would ask before I decided between minelab underwater and the grey ghost headphones. Thank you, Mike

Re: Grey ghost underwater headphones for CTX?
Posted by: etracjoe
Date: July 08, 2012 12:54PM
They are awesome!! I really like the quality of the adapter and I would never think of Koss over GG's anyway.

Minelab CTX 3030
lesche model 76
garrett pro pointer
titanic and rtg stainless scoops
waterproof GG's
and GG NDT's

Dutchess County NY USA

Posted by: Jason in TN
Date: July 08, 2012 12:59PM
I have a set works great and the folks selling them are first class. Helped me out with a question I ask on email quickly. Would go GG for sure.

Jason

Posted by: mtwolf2270
Date: July 08, 2012 01:03PM
I love them I had the Koss form minelab do not waste your money they are nowhere near the grey ghost. Several vendors on here sell them. I order the combo and got the DMC for land I happy with both. Detector Pro makes a great product. here is a thread you may find helpful http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1731139

Hope this helps

mtwolf2270
you can email me at mtwolf2270@hotmail.com since you cannot get pm's yet and I will tell where I ordered mine

Date: July 08, 2012 02:02PM
Thank you all for your fast responses and help. I very much appreciate it.
Mtwolf, thank you very much for the link and helping me find them. I will be sure to email you when I get home.
Thank you all again, mike

Posted by: ctxscott
Date: July 08, 2012 04:00PM
Hi.I have my gray GG underwater headphones and don't even have my ctx yet.:drinking:It comes tomorrow.These headphones seem very well built.Can't tell you anymore then that for now.
Scott

Date: July 08, 2012 04:26PM
Thank you so much guys, I just ordered mine. They said I should have them by Tuesday. I will be sure to keep you posted
Thanks again, MIke

Posted by: pspr
Date: July 08, 2012 08:20PM
I'm still confused about how underwater headphones work. Does the water completely fill the headpone cups and your ear canal? Or does the ear pad make a water tight seal somehow?

And, do the GG underwater headphones sound just as good as the regual model if you use them for land hunting or do you need a second pair for land?

Thanks for explaining this to me.

Wally

Posted by: scubadetector
Date: July 08, 2012 09:17PM
Waterproof headphones have an underwater speaker and water does get in the cups and your ears. The wires are also waterproof so no water gets in the electronics of the machines.

Date: July 08, 2012 09:42PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Date: July 08, 2012 09:47PM
I own both I use mine for wading the waterproof in case i drop them but you can dive with them. They are good enough for land but with the connector you could not use them with the wireless so I bought DMC Gray Ghost for land the sound a little better but i wanted to use wireless so I needed both.

Date: July 08, 2012 09:52PM
Good points.

Date: July 10, 2012 06:59PM
I just received my underwater grey ghost headphones today. They seem to be made very well and work great!!! I also purchased the land version as well for the wireless setup
Thanks again :smile:

Date: July 10, 2012 07:21PM
Mike I am glad you like them. I think you will like the land also.

Posted by: Reeseb
Date: July 10, 2012 09:24PM
I have the Koss one on my Excaland they are alway moving around trying to come off. I bought some GG's for my CTX and they are awesome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login