Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
103 Degree heat, buttons and Snakes..
Posted by: Gonehunting
Date: July 21, 2012 01:23AM
Even though it was hotter than 9 dollar cook stove, I just had to get back out there.. I moved next to where I have been finding the other relics and this spot was producing more..
First 10 or 12 targets were lead then my first button.

Then about 20 minutes after that I was taking a water break and was about to lean up against a tree and heard scratching.. I had less than manly reaction...It's too stinkin hot to run like that.. :rofl:

It took me a second to compose myself to take the picture.. he was longer than I was tall by at least a foot.(I'm six foot). I've seen long chicken snakes but this dude was huge...
I did manage another Dragoon and a ringtail and a few other finds before I came home...

thanks for looking...
GH..

BIG BOYS HOBBIES SALES
Call me direct to get the FIND'S TREASURE FORUMS INCENTIVE ON ANY OF OUR MACHINES!!!
580-484-2172 or send me a pm
Http://Bigboyshobbies.net

Re: 103 Degree heat, buttons and Snakes..
Posted by: hershey1
Date: July 21, 2012 01:43AM
Those are some great finds GH. Nice snake too! Won't be long before the leaves are gone and cooler weather that makes for more comfortable hunting. May have to take your deer rifle along with the CTX. Good luck and don't forget about them yellowjackets. Keep posting. HH :minelab:

Date: July 21, 2012 01:46AM
Thanks hersey... there are paper wasps all over that bottom area..

BIG BOYS HOBBIES SALES
Call me direct to get the FIND'S TREASURE FORUMS INCENTIVE ON ANY OF OUR MACHINES!!!

Posted by: Jason in TN
Date: July 21, 2012 08:06AM
Nice buttons, finding that many there had to be some kind of camp or training going on in that area.

Jason

:yikes: Snakes ?? ....... I'm outta there !!
Posted by: Elton
Date: July 21, 2012 10:22AM
I do not do snakes ... :rofl:

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Re: :yikes: Snakes ?? ....... I'm outta there !!
Posted by: pspr
Date: July 21, 2012 10:42AM
Nice snake! I didn't know pythons lived in Georgia. I hate snakes that crawl up trees. Who looks in the trees for snakes?

Posted by: bunker314
Date: July 21, 2012 10:43AM
Another great hunt!
Congrats,
Bunker

Bunker
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / Vib580
"Lost Recovered....History Discovered"

Posted by: Paul (IL)
Date: July 21, 2012 11:24AM
You don't have to worry about giving out the coordance for this area with snakes that big in there!!!! :nono:
sure nice finds though.

Etrac - Whites V3i - XP Deus
Fisher Coin Strike - CZ3d - F75 - F75 Ltd 2 Special Addition

Date: July 21, 2012 11:57AM
pspr
Nice snake! I didn't know pythons lived in Georgia. I hate snakes that crawl up trees. Who looks in the trees for snakes?
lol I didn't either but I am in Oklahoma....

BIG BOYS HOBBIES SALES

Posted by: pspr
Date: July 21, 2012 01:50PM
Gonehunting
pspr
lol I didn't either but I am in Oklahoma....
Oklahoma!? I was wondering why Bart would drive to Georgia to go hunting with you. :rofl: Now it all makes sense.

Date: July 21, 2012 02:24PM
lol... Yeah when I started finding those buttons I guess people assume I'm in the east but no..lol

BIG BOYS HOBBIES SALES

Posted by: gare-oh
Date: July 21, 2012 02:41PM
Nice story and nice finds :) where exactly were you hunting. I do NOT want to go there I want to MAKE SURE I DON"T get near that place lol thanks again for sharing
:)

Posted by: TIM CLARK
Date: July 21, 2012 02:58PM
If you have snakes like that in those woods I will not come and hunt there. :twodetecting: And yes some nice finds.

Minelab CTX3030 / Excalibur ll / Whites V3i-DFX-XLT-Beach Hunter 300 -Surf PI Pro / Lesche Sasmpson T handel Digging Shovel / DX-1 / XL-1 and Bulleye II probes / Garrett Pro pointer / Whites wireless hp / Sun Ray Pro Gold hp / Rattler hp / Macally wireless hp Have been detecting sent 2005 mainly hunting for old coins.
Live in Richmond Indiana.
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/trc4872

Posted by: earthmansurfer
Date: July 21, 2012 02:59PM
Evan - That looks like a Boa or Python, can't quite make it out. How long was she and what state are you in? I heard they are becoming a problem in some states, eating native animals up and such.

Wow!

Albert

Signum 7272M
Detector - E-Trac
Pro-Pointer w/ Sidekick (supertuner)
Lesche Knife

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
Yoda

Date: July 21, 2012 03:09PM
Ems that is a chicken snake and it was well over 6 foot long.. Its tail was on the ground and it was quite a bit long than me.(im six foot). It was about as big around as a baseball.. Southeastern Oklahoma.. I have killed several getting into the chicken coup when I was a kid but never was one that long or big..

BIG BOYS HOBBIES SALES

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2012 03:11PM by Gonehunting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login