Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Need Target ID Info for CTX 3030 (what's numbers pop up for coin targets?) please help
Posted by: Gary shirley
Date: October 01, 2013 11:17PM
I'm trying to figure out what exactly to dig and not to dig this is my first detector and what to give my new hobby the best shot possible!

Re: Need Target ID Info for CTX 3030 (what's numbers pop up for coin targets?) please help
Posted by: GateKeeper
Date: October 01, 2013 11:39PM
Look in the Resource Center. There's a thread on your question. Has all the TIDs for all U.S. coins.

I take great pleasure knowing that every morning I wake up, and my feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh No, He's awake!

Re: Need Target ID Info for CTX 3030 (what's numbers pop up for coin targets?) please help
Date: October 02, 2013 01:38AM
Don't laugh, but where's the resource center? Please1

Posted by: Rainydays
Date: October 02, 2013 02:00AM
On top of the CTX3030 forum page, red banner "CTX3030 Resource Center"

Date: October 02, 2013 07:47AM
U.S. coin TID info

I take great pleasure knowing that every morning I wake up, and my feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh No, He's awake!

Posted by: TIM CLARK
Date: October 02, 2013 08:28AM
Another good way to learn the number on coins is go to the play grounds at parks and school you will find a lot of coins there. GL HH :twodetecting::minelab:
:thumbup:

Minelab CTX3030 / Excalibur ll / Whites V3i-DFX-XLT-Beach Hunter 300 -Surf PI Pro / Lesche Sasmpson T handel Digging Shovel / DX-1 / XL-1 and Bulleye II probes / Garrett Pro pointer / Whites wireless hp / Sun Ray Pro Gold hp / Rattler hp / Macally wireless hp Have been detecting sent 2005 mainly hunting for old coins.
Live in Richmond Indiana.
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/trc4872

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: October 02, 2013 08:58AM
Charts are fine but experience is the best teacher. By putting coins on the ground and scanning them you would not only see the ID of each but you would hear the difference on each of the programs you can choose or create.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Posted by: Big Boys Hobbies
Date: October 02, 2013 02:07PM
Gary right now I would dig all repeatable hits to learn it. Get you a bunch of good targets and listen to them as you swing them across the coil. Dont worry about #'s right now, audio audio audio!

Bart Davis
Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net
Findmall Sponsor BigBoysHobbies.net
Email, call or text for best deals. 405-206-9010
Minelab USA Partner of the year award 2012. Minelab customer service award 2012.
Authorized Minelab Metal Detectors Fisher Metal Detectors Whites Metal Detectors Teknetics Metal Detectors Garrett Metal Detectors XP Deus Dealer.

Posted by: billabong
Date: October 02, 2013 03:28PM
ya do what bart says.... digg repeatable, u never know... today i got a hit at 12 39 at 5 inchs and when i dug it up and wave the detector over it again it went to 12 44 and ended up being a mec...so dig everything

Date: October 04, 2013 08:49AM
Really appreciate the help. Looking for some good modes to use any help is great. I keep digging a lot of trash only good thing about it is the learning experience. Aluminum snd pull tabs seem to be the most I find is there a way to get away from that? W/o missing good stuff?

Date: October 04, 2013 09:29AM
Gary shirley
Really appreciate the help. Looking for some good modes to use any help is great. I keep digging a lot of trash only good thing about it is the learning experience. Aluminum snd pull tabs seem to be the most I find is there a way to get away from that? W/o missing good stuff?

Learn the stock modes first Gary. That is very important. Too many new users start messing with modes and settings and get further lost, confused, and just plain mad. Pick one mode (COIN) and hunt with it for at least a week. Then pick another and hunt with it. Patience and perseverance will make you successful. If you have any questions about a particular mode you start with, just ask.

Date: October 04, 2013 03:59PM
Thanks gatekeeper

Posted by: cahil_2
Date: October 04, 2013 06:31PM
I found a walker yesterday that showed numbers of 12/44. So you never know!

Posted by: Johnnyanglo
Date: October 04, 2013 07:46PM
Here's more than 700 target Fe-Co values. It's mostly derived from the E-Trac but it works well for the E-Trac2 ... a.k.a. CTX-3030. You'll get the idea after looking through the numbers. Essentially you're gonna need to dig anything along the 12Fe line and above/below that line by +/- 5 if the signal is more or less repeatable. Don't assume 11-3 for instance is just foil (oops, that was a ladies white gold ring you passed up) or that 11-12 is another pull-tab (you just left a buffalo nickel behind) or the 17-43 semi-repeatable signal is another nail (it was a deeper IH penny). If it isn't ferrous (high Fe values) and the signal is clearly repeating - you'll have to dig or risk leaving worthwhile non-ferrous in the ground. No way around it. But the chart below helps when you are guessing the outcome before digging - it's great to call it ahead of time - correctly.

Posted by: Overvoltage
Date: October 29, 2013 09:48AM
great chart Johnny, a lot of good info but very hard to read. can you post it as an excel
file?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login