Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Search Modes for Learning the CTX 3030 :detecting: by Harry
Posted by: fedderdavid
Date: February 23, 2014 09:19PM
Thank you Harry. I like your programs, your explanations, and your directions for downloading into the XChange2.

The trouble I had was not seeing File after restoring XChange2 on my PC. I went to the Minelab.com site-frequently asked questions and saw where you have to hook up the CTX to your PC while using XChange2 and the file will finally appear in XChange2, which gives you the ability to transfer downloaded files into the XChange2 format.

Sincerely,

David Fedder

Re: Search Modes for Learning the CTX 3030 :detecting: by harryhh
Posted by: harryhh
Date: February 23, 2014 10:44PM
I'm glad you brought that up David. I had forgotten all about the fact that All,File, and Recycle collection icons don't appear until the first time you plug in the CTX when XChange 2 is running.

So, for anyone else who doesn't see the File collection, start XChange 2 and plugin the CTX. All, File, and Recycle will stay there after that.

Posted by: squeak16
Date: April 04, 2014 03:36PM
Thanks for the information Harry, I'm sure it will help this nubie

Date: April 04, 2014 04:47PM
You are welcome squeak16, and good hunting.

Date: April 11, 2014 09:54AM
I want to thank you for this wonderful information you provided in this post. I am finally finding as much treasure using the CTX as I originally expected to find and I no longer have buys remorse. To me, I am finally glad I purchased the CTX and it is fun to use for the first time ever.

Sincerely,
David

Date: April 11, 2014 10:39AM
You are very welcome David, and I am so glad you are enjoying the programs and the CTX. Coincidentally, the first learning mode is very similar to a program that I uploaded earlier called 'Just For Fun.'

Harry

Date: April 12, 2014 11:42PM
I used your last program or most advanced program with no discrimination or using the P2 and for the first time ever I could hear good targets among iron at the beach. I like your beginning program for finding quarters, dimes, and Wheaties and silver if there is any left where I live (Corpus Christi, Texas). The Wheaties have ranged from 1917-1950's. Just no silver yet except for one ring. Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,
David

Date: April 12, 2014 11:49PM
Sounds like you're really doing well David.

Posted by: hunteril
Date: June 07, 2014 03:53PM
Thank you

Date: June 07, 2014 08:42PM
You are welcome hunteril. Hope you fine the programs helpful.

Harry

Harry ...thanks again for all the help
Posted by: MARK (LI)
Date: September 14, 2014 06:32PM
I was ready to smash the machine until you helped me out :starwars:

Re: Harry ...thanks again for all the help
Date: September 14, 2014 07:29PM
Good going MARK (LI)

And I almost can't believe that your first find was an earring. Great job!

Harry

Posted by: grrrldoc
Date: December 02, 2014 04:45PM
I just wanted to make my first post be a BIG thank you! I just uploaded the training files to my CTX and can't wait to get out and try them. I am a newbi and have been using the stock modes, mostly looking in Golden Gate Park. It has been well-hunted, but I have managed to find some coins (mostly Lincoln pennies, one wheat, one old Jeff nickel, a couple of clad quarters - but thus far, nothing older) and my share of pull tabs and bottlecaps and junk! I have come to the conclusion that there is just no substitute for practice, practice, practice. These training modes are a great heling hand, so thank you for taking the time to develop and post them (and your directions were first rate!)

Date: December 02, 2014 05:51PM
You are welcome grrrldoc. Enjoy the hunting, and I hope the programs work well for you.

Harry

Posted by: mcb613
Date: December 22, 2014 08:15AM
How about if auto plus 3 generally yields 16-18??? When that is the case, I seitch to manual and put up with the noise. 16-18 doesnt yield much depth for me. Mite as well hunt a new park with those numbers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login