Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: THE BEGINNERS GUIDE TO GET STARTED WITH THE CTX3030
Posted by: MINELABBOB
Date: July 30, 2015 07:00PM
GEO-HUNTS
can help wen it comes to covering some ground. not 100% but look at what we would miss, with out. many times i look at my
geo and seen were i missed. just think wen we did not have this TECHNOLOGY, how much did we leave behind . so try and see.
by now you can see what we have to use,were others dont. use this and find more COINS!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 30, 2015 07:06PM
THE MAGIC OF A GEOHUNT
how much did we leave behind!!! BEFORE

Date: July 31, 2015 08:42PM
I OF MY FINEPOINTS TURNED OUT TO BE A BIG SILVER RING!!!!!
that helped the SILVER COLLECTION

Date: July 31, 2015 09:06PM
THANKS 4 SO MANY VIEWS
it is good to know so many want to learn, and we all learn together

Date: August 01, 2015 06:46AM
OK LETS RECAP!!
we got are CTX on NOISE CANCLE and hit detect. in AUTO+ watching are SENCE so we know what POWER to
run. we pick out are mode open screen ( all metal) and we listen 4 how much trash is in the ground this tells us what or how to
set up are CTX not to bad you say ok run with open screen maby deep on if are ground no# were ok fast off 2-tone or combine
and go. sounds easy well it is wen you know your CTX. you will know wen to set this or that at any place you go dont be afraid
to change things here and there to see what happens you may find a better set-up to use. if you seem to be haveing any issues
dig a plug 6-7in. and put a dime at the bottom replace the plug and play with your settings untill you find a good setting to use

well time 4 me to get out and find some treasure GOOD LUCK

BOB

Date: August 01, 2015 02:03PM
IFFY SIGNALS
like i said save 4 a rainy day and look what i found!!

1895 INDIAN a little beat-up but a good find. take time and go over your area you may find something COOL!!
7IN. DOWN ON ITS SIDE

Re: THE BEGINNERS GUIDE TO GET STARTED WITH THE CT3030
Date: August 03, 2015 04:59AM
DID I SAY TEST GARDEN
dig some holes and bury a dime at 8in. and a nickel at 7-8in. quarter at 10in. try to dig a plug if you can
as your test garden gets older it will settle and be more RESPONSIVE may take 3 months but 4 now you can still use
try your CTX on your coins and see how it respons space them apart so there is no room 4 error. now try differing modes
and disc. patterns. target separation and tone ids till you find a good set-up 4 that mode and do all your modes with
differant target sep. in each. you are looking 4 the best respons on the 8in. dime. wen you have a good mode set-up put
them in X2 and save. if you change out in the field you will know were to put them back,wen you get home.
rusty nails and nails with coins you will want to bury also and we know why this will give you info that
helps out in the field wen you put your coil over a rusty piece of junk. so your test garden is a valuable tool to have
and its there 24/7 unless you move so get out today and bury a few coins and have at-it!!!!!!!!!!

minelabbob

Date: August 03, 2015 04:00PM
TRYING TO COME UP
with the rite game plan 4 every one is a hard nut to crack. only you know what your haveing issues with. the more questions
we ask the faster we learn (like the teacher would say) i have laid out some things to do and i know i have miss somethings. 4 -me the
CTX & E-TRAC ARE 2 GOOD DETECTORS and i have spent many HRS&YEARS. with them both. it is tough to put down every thing that i have
learned. again i can only give you my side of the story. new books are comming out to read as with ANDYs book on the CTX + you can
talk to people and get there side. like any thing in life to get good at something you need to put many HRS. in to it. i am lucky to have
had time over the pass 30+years to get into METAL DETECTING but i made time and studyed and talked to people that new more than
me to get were i am today. 4 -me is the THRILL of hearing the sweet tone of a good signal , that stayed hidden 4 years.DEVOTION and
the love of this great HOBBY/JOB is what it takes !!!!!!!!!

MINELABBOB

Date: August 06, 2015 04:11PM
NOW I AM WORKING AN AREA
with high EMI and HIGH TRASH and MINERALIZED GROUND a real challenge i would not advise detecting an area
like this until you have a good handle on your detector. running diff. modes and patterns tone ids can be a headache but today i have
dug many iffy signals only to find mostly JUNK!! BUT YOU NEED TO STAY FOCUS on the job at hand. most people will run from a
spot like this but i also need some more experience in a place like this. but things look up later with a war nickel (silver) that made my
morning. so today lesson is on STAYING FOCUS WERE EVER YOU MAY BE!!

MINELABBOB

Re: THE BEGINNERS GUIDE TO GET STARTED WITH THE CT3030
Date: August 07, 2015 05:06PM
STAYING FOCUS
we all will experience days were the detector will get out of control because of , SOMETHING NOT SET, 4-GROUND CONDITIONS.
a simple thing like forgetting to noise cancel or to much power output. all ways start in AUTO+ and see how good or bad the ground is. EMI is
another thing that will make any detector chatter away. what we want is a smooth running unit not something that sounds like a engine
missing a cylinder. staying focus will help with keeping your cool .i have seen wen we get aggravated we are not in control and making it
harder to find the problem.if this should happen shut down the detector and relax 4 a min. think about what is happening and run through your
setup and get back on track. most times it is so simple that you will shake your head and laugh it off!!
remember, not all ground is equal and the setting you used yesterday may not work today at this new area. so double check your
settings and have at it!!

Posted by: Lensman
Date: August 07, 2015 09:54PM
You guys are the best! Now, all I need to do is to find more freakin time to field test all this information!

Date: August 08, 2015 06:10AM
LETS US KNOW
how you make out we are here 4-u!!!!

BOB

Date: August 08, 2015 05:16PM
DISC.PATTERNS
in the RESOURCE CENTER are good friend DIGGER has a few to try out and or to check out!! it will be good to
have a few setup on your CTX some 4 HIGH TRASH- SOME WIDE OPEN 4 THE MOST PART- AND 1 MAYBE 1/2 DISC.OUT
only you know your area and can determine how much to disc. out or leave open. but its been my EXP. to have a little of them all.
you can always remove or add or take away using X-2 or manual. again it is your call!!!!! to how you want to set up. and dont forget
to test them on your 8in. dime in your test garden. this will tell you if you have the best setup mode 4 the job.

MINELABBOB

Date: August 09, 2015 03:20PM
HERE ARE 3 #
that i use and work. but you can set them any way you like.
142 is a coin and ferrous coin
143 is a silver and ground coin
144 is a high trash now dont 4-get there are 6 modes counting PAT.2

just to say a good high trash pattern is a must on any CTX 4 THEM TRASHY AREAs
and if you go to a spot that needs more or less or a change in TONE IDs make them!!
out in the field and put them in X-2 wen you get home you can delete 1 and save the other.

so makes some patterns and give them a try !! MINELABBOB

Date: August 10, 2015 08:45PM
THE TIP OF THE DAY
wen you not sure about your target reading stick your spade in the ground and brake up the ground matrx.it wont take much
then sweep over the spot again if your fe-co no# change there is a good chance it is not what you think!!!! give it a try and let me know how
it works.most times if it was a coin your no#s wont change.and or get better.wen you open the hole and swing over every thing should stay
but if you get a null or low tone then its not a good target and if you find it has moved over chances its NG MOST TIMES unless its on
its side (coin) and you find your self haveing a time finding it.

MINELABBOB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login