Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: THE BEGINNERS GUIDE TO GET STARTED WITH THE CT3030
Posted by: MINELABBOB
Date: August 11, 2015 06:27AM
RAISE YOUR COIL
if you get a signal 10-12in. off the ground it is not a Sm. target. good to use on them aluminum cans!!!!!!!
dig a few and find out.also save your trash and cash it in. good way to buy a new propointer!!!!!!

minelabbob

Date: August 15, 2015 09:30AM
SMALLER COILS
do have there place, better target separations in high trash. after going throw with your 11in. coil switch over to your Sm. coil and see what
you have missed. you will be superised at what got by you. there are more trashy areas then clean, unless you get lucky and find one. so save
them nickels and dimes and buy a small coil 4-that trash. you will see,makeing an investment will pay off down the line. same tricks and settings
will apply with both coils and then some.

minelabbob

Re: THE BEGINNERS GUIDE TO GET STARTED WITH THE CTX3030
Date: August 16, 2015 04:31PM
PROPER CARE
of are CTX3030 should give you many good hunts and many good finds. rember take care of your equipment. this means
airing out after a good soaking,cleaning the mud and takeing the coil cover off and cleaning the sand and grit out.magnetic grit in the
cover can give you trouble with readings and wareing out the coil (like sand paper on the side of coil) all of the above mention . get in
the habitat of maintaining your CTX.

minelabbob

Date: August 18, 2015 02:52PM
GOING BACK OVER
your area wen the ground is WET!!!!! can bring good results. your detector will see the ground like an x-ray machane
and sniff out some coins that it could not before. and yes its going to be muddy , but while your rinse you new found coin you will have
clean hands again.

minelabbob

Date: August 18, 2015 05:12PM
DOING YOUR HOME WORK
many times research is needed to find a HONEY-HOLE. talking with the old timers, or going to your local
library . going to the same place time after time will get boring after a while, and the finds will get space.keep your eyes open
4-new places. streams old R&R are prime spots in the rite area. look 4 1880 farms with fields close by . i have found many LG.
CENT penny in them areas. woods are also good areas that were used by settlers, old foundations remember those spots as
you are deer hunting or walking .

minelabbob

ps 1817 found in the farmers field

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: August 18, 2015 05:55PM
I just read some of Andy's book. He has some good things for new bees and people who have some experience.

Jim

Date: August 18, 2015 05:59PM
OVER 3000 VIEWS
keep up the good work guys & gals !!!!! more to come get out your pens and paper and dont forget your CTX3030!!
NEXT CLASS PLAYING WITH SENSITIVITY dont be late!!!!!!!

and have a nice day

minelabbob

Date: August 18, 2015 07:01PM
YES I BET IT DOES
i am to cheap to buy a copy. maybe some one will give me one wen there done reading it.

bob

Date: August 19, 2015 01:45PM
SENSITIVITY 101
by now we are a little better with are CTX and i hope we are finding some coins. so we noise cancel set auto + and we
get under way.we give it a few min. and we see are sensitivity values drop big time. now we wonder what has made a change like that
well it can be that you have walked into a mineralized ground / ironized area. with out looking should be able to tell because your CTX
is starting to make all kind of noise 4 the most part running unstable. now at this point find a patch of ground that has no big iron under
and do a manual GB now set auto A and see what happens if things begin to settle in GREAT!! now switch over to GROUND COIN
MODE that you have set up go all metal if you can stand the noise ( trash area) and see what happens . give it a few min. to see the ground
and if no problems bump up your sence to auto 3 if your no# is around 15-10 and things are cool good! you may at this point go manual 15 and do
another GB and see if every thing is ok. if you are picking up noise and falseing you want to go back to auto + if you are running stable bump
up to were it gets un stable and back off to a mello setting.

now auto + is ok if your no# are running in the 25-20 area you will find 8 in. coin no problem,but you still have options to go manual
25-28 and see if every thing is running stable no falseing. i dont go crazy with bumping up to 30 wen 25-28 will do the job ,but its your call.
we all like to see good values but if your CTX is telling you to back off do it. now i forget to say make sure you have your sensitivity panel
showing it there use it. i think its good to show because wen you see your no# drop / go up you will know something is up

hope this helps any questions just ask!

good hunting minelabbob

Date: August 21, 2015 12:46PM
PLAYING WITH
to much sensitivity in a trashy area is a no no.sucking in all them signals at the same time spells trouble.auto+ is your
best bet and a sm.coil will only help. but backing off power with your pro-coil will do the job but you need to go slow and even change
up some settings. smooth has to go! normal /long will be better with a TTC / TTF or even a single tone with a trash park. single tone
is all you need with a trash pk. as most pattern is blocked up. wen things calm down you can bump up your power a little and change
back to your normal patt./ setting.

TARGET TRACE also gives you some info giveing you all them colors on the screen. give you some idea to what is going on under
your feet. a good solid icon in the coin area, gives you that much more info to a coin under foot. try all options till you find a setup
that works 4-u .ferrous coin helps in a trashy area, sometimes with no signal but a icon in the coin hot spot!!

Date: August 22, 2015 08:15PM
WEN WE HAVE
a good understanding on what, wen, and how,to set up it is a cool detector to run.wen you get brave enough to try
all your options you will find great settings and no wen to use and wen not to use. understanding your settings
is half the battle. just hold back a little on the big power until you are ready and go back to your spots and pull out
all the stops.if it is nice an quite RUN ALL METAL and get the most from the CTX!!!!!!!!!!! it realy is a simple
hi tech.unite allot easer the whites v-3i and allot better

minelabbob

Date: August 23, 2015 03:57PM
5 MODES SHOULD DO
wen you have a good handle on your CTX/AREA then i say setup a few more ,but until then keep it simple.
you can flip flop 5 modes until your happy and find no reason to change them . at that point if you have a
special area that needs a special mode go 4-it. my self 2 works fine and here and there i may use 3 more to
see if i can better the finds but 6-7-8 i think minelab gave us to much to do.

so all i am saying get good with them 5 first and then see if you need a special one 4 your spot

good hunting minelabbob

Date: August 25, 2015 07:05AM
SETTING UP A MODE
out in the field can be a good way to find a good setup,4 that area. after running 4 a few min. and see were your ground levels
are at would be my first step. if your running good no# and trash is low go 4 a low trash setting and ferrous coin open screen (all metal)
if things change as you go then you change!! or if your in a bad area ground no# low trash all over change up to ground coin /high trash
with a pattern that takes out most of your noisey trash. try to use just enough of a pattern and dont go overboard. you have the controls to
change wen your out there. again if you want dig a plug 6in. or more and bury a zinc and setup that way. dont let the ground get the best
of you YOU ARE IN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

minelabbob

Date: August 25, 2015 04:55PM
HIGH CONDUCTIVE TRASH
aluminum slaw and all kinds of cans, big and small can be a real challenge in some areas, reading in the 12-40s
and up. how do we deal with such trash?? well it is tough as i have been going round and round with this. some
things we can try is being frugal as to what you dig. if your fe-co no# are not on the money both ways then dont
dig. a bouncing depth meter as we swing N-S E-W may tell you something is wrong. backing off on the power
can also help (as we are not pulling in all unwanted signals). if you have not had the opertuney to hunt in one
of these areas get ready 4-a new lesson. go slow and listen good, 4 them sweet tones.a pattern blocking most
of your playing field will help a little, but all bets are off!!!!!!!!!

so todays lesson is put your cans in the garbage !! PLEASE and have a nice day!

minelabbob

Posted by: chuckciao
Date: August 26, 2015 07:23PM
Minelabbob,
Got a question for you. I found a park in town that goes back to 1839 and the parks & rec. dept. have no problem with me hunting there. Apparently, it was not a park in 1839 but it was owned by the city, according to records, the park was established around 1900 ( old enough right?) i went out today, used a fairly open screen, Auto+ sens. Anf besides some clad, i only found a 1956 wheatie. No really deep signals! Do you think i should continue to hunt it? Any settings you would recommend?
Thanks
Chuck

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login