Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Equinox 800 vs ctx 3030
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: September 29, 2017 05:40PM
mrwilburino
Saw this same thing when the Racer came out. Was hinted at by early testers to be deeper, faster, and would ID as well as anything else out there. Probably a lot of money generated in pre-orders. People eventually realized that it was a good machine that did some things very well, and a decent bargain in its price range, but not the game changer that some made it out to be. What we're seeing now is racer hype on steroids. The real test will be when it gets in the hands of people who are not affiliated with the detecting industry in any way.

Thank you for saving me the typing! The people saying it's great and the company cannot be related. Period. That's just a pretty obvious conflict of interest in terms of the buyer....
Again,I'm sure it will be a very good machine,Minelab hasn't let me down yet!

Posted by: ML
Date: September 30, 2017 07:32AM
IDXMonster
mrwilburino
Saw this same thing when the Racer came out. Was hinted at by early testers to be deeper, faster, and would ID as well as anything else out there. Probably a lot of money generated in pre-orders. People eventually realized that it was a good machine that did some things very well, and a decent bargain in its price range, but not the game changer that some made it out to be. What we're seeing now is racer hype on steroids. The real test will be when it gets in the hands of people who are not affiliated with the detecting industry in any way.

Thank you for saving me the typing! The people saying it's great and the company cannot be related. Period. That's just a pretty obvious conflict of interest in terms of the buyer....
Again,I'm sure it will be a very good machine,Minelab hasn't let me down yet!

Very well said

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: October 05, 2017 03:52PM
As always money talks, the CTX will be the better of the two.

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: October 05, 2017 04:04PM
Give me the CTX and Ex-Cal and I am set for life. What ever comes first, mine or the machines

Re: Equinox vs CTX 3030 or the E-Trac
Posted by: Buddy_TX
Date: October 10, 2017 07:10PM
Andy, wireless may be good in a lot of respects but, I have a AT Max and to me it is usless... What I am saying 95% of my hunting is in the water, where wirless wont work. I want to know if the Equinox has waterproof headphone setup on it all the pics I have seen do NOT show a headset plug of anykind.

Buddy_TX

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Wader, 8" and 10"
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Whites Amphibian and Surfmaster TR
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Garrett S-1, S-2, S-3 TRs
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle
and a few odd balls in the back of the closet

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login