Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
My number one use for the GPS feature!
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: September 17, 2017 08:47AM
Being in a climate that gets very cold temps at times(Wisconsin), even though I initially thought that the GPS feature was a "techy gimmick" I found last winter that it's got a very useful purpose...to ME. Those in a similar climate might find it useful as well.
The worst thing about the ground being frozen is obviously that you can't really recover anything at any real depth,the ground is LOCKED! The GPS is very accurate,to within 3-4 ft in my area. I know it has been reported that it's not that accurate other places but being in the right resolution is critical. What I did was go out and find coins...and register them as Findpoints. I later went and dug them up when I could dig. I only did it with 10-12 targets which were all clad coins. The point is...you can still go hunt and find things! This is HUGE for hunters like me who always dread the months where we usually cannot hunt. There's only so much research a person can do before it gets old,I want to see results! With the CTX you CAN go achieve results,and make use of what I thought was just a cute add-on.

Re: My number one use for the GPS feature!
Posted by: Architex
Date: September 17, 2017 09:53AM
Also good if you go back to a site after 2-3 years and try to pickup what you didn't get before (if your memory is like mine anyway...:confused:)

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: September 17, 2017 12:21PM
I've used it for both of those but my main use is to see my (wandering) coverage pattern.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: PMonday
Date: September 19, 2017 03:30PM
I've been using my GPS feature since about the second day of ownership. There is a conversion that a gent posted here a few years ago that lets you use the data on google earth, able to change tracks color and more. I like it and will continue to utilize this feature on the CTX 3030.

HH

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: October 05, 2017 04:13PM
That is a very good idea.I am sure it was a lot of fun trying to relocate the target.At my age I don't think I will be going out in the winter.

Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login