Findmall.com

Minelab CTX 3030 Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Long-time Explorer user, new to CTX...two questions...
Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: November 08, 2017 03:06PM
Steve...im saying put a M12 connector on those phones connecting them as I showed.

Steve I can only tell you.... ive found a LOT of junk earrings with double tones.... in the salt water. Like a pull tab.... dig enough u know um.

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: November 08, 2017 07:39PM
dewcon --

OH. Now I see what you are saying. You are suggesting chopping off the regular headphone connector, and just putting on an "M12" connector (wasn't familiar with that word, but I now get it, from looking at your diagram).

Problem there is, if I do that, THEN I can't connect those phones to the WM10. So, I'm back to needing to build a "jumper." I COULD build a jumper or patch cord that has the M12 connector on one end, and a regular, stereo, female "headphone" type of connector on the other end, right? Maybe buy a 12" patch cord with stereo female on both ends, cut off one end, and attach the "M12" connector, and "voila?"

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: JackalopeZL1
Date: November 08, 2017 11:54PM
I must admit I did not read the whole thread but if your WM10 goes dead you can already just plug directly into the machine. Maybe you guys are talking about something else?

EDIT:: You must be talking about making the external volume shut off when you plug in the headphone? I am laughing at myself right now, With the 1000's of hrs I have run the ctx I can't remember ever running anything other than the WM10 since I hate being attached to my machine. I did have a set of the CTX specific pro golds and loved their sound but hated the separate switch. I always would bump it and find myself having to switch it while detecting so I ran the koss most of the time, I am one of the odd balls who likes the koss headphones and I was too lazy to jump the switch to be permanent.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 12:15AM by JackalopeZL1.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: November 09, 2017 12:33AM
Yeah, Jackalope, talking about the "speaker shut off" issue. My Pro Golds are not CTX-specific, so I was just trying to rig up some "backup" plan in the even my WM10 failed or batteries went dead while on a hunt. Probably overkill/worrying about nothing, but I like redundancy!

Yes, plugging them in directly would be fine, IF I had CTX-specific Pro Golds. I don't, so I need an "adapter," as I understand. And as I understand, it needs to be male 1/4" mono on one end, and female 1/4" stereo on the other. Then, you are good to go, if I understand. However, some have complained that having that adapter sticking out the back side of the CTX -- and then the headphone jack plugged into that, leaves like a 3-4" long rigid connection sticking straight out of the CTX control box. So, Digger, in thread here several years back, rigged up a "patch cable" where it essentially did the trick, but with a "flexible" option, instead of that rigid male-to-female adapter. I want to either rig one of those "patch cables," or else -- I saw a 90 degree adapter that I THINK would work. I posted links to both the adapter, AND to the parts I THINK I would need to build a "patch cable" like Digger did, I'm just waiting for someone to confirm that I have the right parts here (either the adapter, or the parts to build the "adapter patch cable").

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login