Findmall.com

DeepTech Vista Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Vista Smart report
Posted by: Sven
Date: August 12, 2016 04:55PM
I don't have one but, got an email from a person overseas I shipped one of my PI's to.
Sort of interesting won't post it all but, you'll get the idea.

"Sven,
So I did some testing with the 10.5 coil. Mirage against V3i, AKA MFD, Vista Smart+, CTX3030, XP Deus and TDI Pro. A 1 Euro coin on 16” very light ground.

The results were interesting:
Mirage: no problem, nice repeatable signal even one inch above the ground.

V3i stock DD coil: no repeatable signal, tested in all mods with max possible sens and disc. That was a big surprise and a very sad result.

AKA MFD stock coil DD: despite all the good comments about this machine only the deep mode found it with a nice solid ID

Vista Smart+ stock DD coil: no problem, nice repeatable signal

CTX3030 stock DD coil: jumpy ID but clearly a good target.

XP Deus 28cm coil: very jumpy ID, would not have dug it

TDI Pro with stock DF coil: no problem at all, even with several inches above ground. In GB low conductivity still strong signal but not a loud as without GB off"

Would be interesting to hear what others have been doing with the Smart+

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Re: Vista Smart report
Posted by: Mega
Date: August 12, 2016 07:58PM
Sven,i dont own a Smart+ either but used one a few weeks back and without doubt it is pretty deep,i also have a Mirage but only with the 5'' coil so of course it wont get the same depth as a 10.5'' coil,but i do have a TDI Pro and that is 'very deep',but for the price of the Smart you do get remarkable good value with depth approaching Pulse performance.

If only they made them look slightly less agricultural,but looks of course dont enhance performance but it 'can' make a difference in that all important buying decision,what i mean by this if you have 2 similar performance machines sitting next door to one another in a show room its only human nature to take the better looking one.

Since Gary stopped selling them here in the UK sales and exposure of the Smart range has seemed to have declined a little,sales for a few years had been very buoyant,amazing value for the money but resale value does not hold up as well as other brands,if you plan on keeping one for a long time then no problems.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: woodchiphustler
Date: August 17, 2016 04:58PM
Sven
I don't have one but, got an email from a person overseas I shipped one of my PI's to.
Sort of interesting won't post it all but, you'll get the idea.

"Sven,
So I did some testing with the 10.5 coil. Mirage against V3i, AKA MFD, Vista Smart+, CTX3030, XP Deus and TDI Pro. A 1 Euro coin on 16” very light ground.

The results were interesting:
Mirage: no problem, nice repeatable signal even one inch above the ground.

V3i stock DD coil: no repeatable signal, tested in all mods with max possible sens and disc. That was a big surprise and a very sad result.

AKA MFD stock coil DD: despite all the good comments about this machine only the deep mode found it with a nice solid ID

Vista Smart+ stock DD coil: no problem, nice repeatable signal

I will get one this fall from Richard!

CTX3030 stock DD coil: jumpy ID but clearly a good target.

XP Deus 28cm coil: very jumpy ID, would not have dug it

TDI Pro with stock DF coil: no problem at all, even with several inches above ground. In GB low conductivity still strong signal but not a loud as without GB off"

Would be interesting to hear what others have been doing with the Smart+

George Tex Kinsey
The Original Buttondigger since 1969
Still on the "right side of the grass"
A Findmall fan and supporter.

Posted by: Richard@BackwoodsDetectors
Date: August 18, 2016 04:12PM
Hope to get a video on the Smart + soon. I will ship to the UK.. Richard

Posted by: RG-DeepTech
Date: October 06, 2016 12:30PM
About 90 Follis was found with Vista SMART :) Maybe for you will be interesting to see :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login