Findmall.com

DeepTech Vista Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Vista Gold for wet sand and high mineralized ground
Posted by: Minero
Date: December 29, 2016 02:46PM
Hi all,

Do you know how does the vista gold handle wet sand and high mineralized ground?

Thank you

Re: Vista Gold for wet sand and high mineralized ground
Posted by: Richard@BackwoodsDetectors
Date: December 30, 2016 11:20PM
Minero,
You shouldn't have a problem with high mineralization. I haven't
tried the DeepTechs in wet sand though. Richard

Posted by: Mega
Date: January 14, 2017 07:14AM
Must admit the Vista Gold is really starting too grab my attention especially with a smaller coil on,i have access to a fair few trashy roman/saxon sites and i am thinking the Gold with a small coil on could be a deadly combination,coil size i guess in the 5-7'' size range,must admit have not gone into real depth about the coils but from what i have seen on various videos the machine is pretty good at not only small items but also very good depth wise.

Over this coming week or so,will take a serious look at getting a new Vista Gold and small coil setup,no dealers in the UK as far as i am aware as the only dealer that was present has stopped selling them about a year or so back.Will shop around for the best price and then make a final decision,only trouble is the older i am getting the tighter i am getting with my wallet.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: Sven
Date: January 14, 2017 08:18AM
I don't think you will go wrong with the Vista Gold and the smaller Super 6 coil.
Almost bought mine back from the seller who recently listed it on ebay.

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: Mega
Date: January 14, 2017 12:52PM
Sven
I don't think you will go wrong with the Vista Gold and the smaller Super 6 coil.
Almost bought mine back from the seller who recently listed it on ebay.

Thanks for that information,someone here in the UK has one coming up for sale next week with 3 coils,so could well be tempted,of course it all boils down too how much it is,they dont seem to hold a 2nd hand price very well,maybe the Gold hold a better price but the other models that have come onto the market have a large loss attached to the resale value.So with that in mind,it makes sense for me to locate a superb specimen 2 hand,well it makes plenty of sense for me as its basically a buyers market.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: Richard@BackwoodsDetectors
Date: January 14, 2017 10:37PM
I've gone full circle. Back with the Gold now. Awesome detector in every way.. Richard

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login