Findmall.com

DeepTech Vista Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
a question regarding modern trash - i.e. aluminum
Posted by: rod-pa
Date: October 29, 2017 05:55PM
Hi All,
I am curious if anyone can point me to a video (s) of modern trash sites. I can find plenty of videos of test gardens, and videos showing digs at old homes or battles, but I am looking for one that has modern aluminum scrap, trash, etc, and to hear how that can slaw sounds on a smart+, gold, or warrior.

I am very interested in getting a deeptech as my next detector, as I like the mineral levels I can see it handles, but am curious what the audio sounds like when in modern trash.

Thanks.

Re: a question regarding modern trash - i.e. aluminum
Posted by: Hanoverdigging
Date: October 29, 2017 07:33PM
Can slaw sounds the same as a coin in my opinion. It sounds good unfortunately. I can't tell a difference. I have the smart plus and it will find the tiniest piece of slaw with a good tone. These machines are not really designed to hunt modern trash unless you dig everything. These machines are super deep and see through iron like no other.

Posted by: OhioHunter
Date: October 31, 2017 06:09AM
I have the Warrior can slaw has a abrupt high tone almost a slight spitting/hissing sound.And when your coming off the target there is a break in the high tone.Its the dreaded pull tab that still get me they sound like a shallow nickel.99% of all the good targets I find have a smooth easy even high tone no break in the high tone.If my target has a smooth high tone even with a little break I dig it sometimes surprised nice relic but with that break sometimes smashed ball of foil.Coins always smooth no break hightone.Takes a lot of practice but with my headphone on makes those abrupt high tones easier to here.

Posted by: SWMO Mark
Date: November 18, 2017 07:32PM
On my Smart if a target is about 1 1/2" or closer to my coil I get multiple beeps when I sweep across the target. if farther away I get one beep. Don't know if all Vistas work like this. If they do you could ignore all multiple beep signals. thus eliminateing a lot of surface foil and aluminum. You will lose all your surface targets includeing coins this way. But if I was looking for older coins. I wouldn't mind loseing some modern coins to not have to dig as much modern trash. Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login