Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: We restrict the size of pictures for an obvious reason. What are the free software's out there you guys use to optimize the pictures with?
Posted by: Jasonlwirt
Date: January 06, 2015 04:26PM
I really like this site but I hate to admit I rarely post here due to the size restriction. I mostly frequent a forum which doesn't restrict size because it's more convenient and the pictures there a much better quality .

Re: We restrict the size of pictures for an obvious reason. What are the free software's out there you guys use to optimize the pictures with?
Posted by: Spider-F5
Date: January 06, 2015 04:52PM
Jasonlwirt
I really like this site but I hate to admit I rarely post here due to the size restriction. I mostly frequent a forum which doesn't restrict size because it's more convenient and the pictures there a much better quality .

Jason. what i do is after compiling the pics of a hunt ect is to do a batch resizing of them to the sites restricted size of 420 using the (free to download)Irfanview software. regardless of the the original file sizes, they come out all the same size and all upload as consistent size of display after uploaded to the forum. attached is a snap shot of what i explain. hope this helps and encourages you to visit here more and makes things easier on ya for future posting.

regards and HH<Spider

When in doubt..... "Git Ur Dug"

Fisher-F5 --------------- Main Weapon
Tesoro Compadre --- Backup Weapon

Posted by: coast40
Date: February 08, 2015 05:05AM
I use Photorazor to reduce selected or folders of pics.

Posted by: Patrick(MI)
Date: May 04, 2015 07:21AM
I'm using Gwenview which came with Linux Kubuntu 14.1. Not being a skilled photographer it's simple, easy and free. LOL

Explorer XS......SEF 10x12......Stealth X-5......10.5" Stock....X1 Probe
White's 4900/D Pro Plus.....8" Stock....4.5" Stock
Fisher 1280x.....10" Stock
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger....5x10 Stock
ForsCore....7x11 Stock
Blisstool V3....12" Stock
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Black Widows

Posted by: ijraptor
Date: May 21, 2015 02:57PM
Axiomx Picsizer. It allows you to pick the photo size, and it also allows you to process batches. e.g. A full folder of images, regardless of the orientation of landscape or portrait.

CTX3030 - 6", Stock and 17" coil.
Safari - 6" Coiltek, Stock, and 15" WOT

Posted by: PSS1963
Date: May 22, 2015 06:02AM
I use Irfanview. Its free and has lots of capability . . . a lot more than I use, really.

-pete

Pete - Eastern Massachusetts
Took a long time off but I'm back with a vengeance!

*Massachusetts Treasure Hunters Association:
Member 1987-1988

*Electrical Engineer / Technician
*Master Scuba Diver

*2015 - pres. Whites MXT All-Pro with coils: 5.3 Eclipse, 9" Spider,
8x6 SEF, 10x12 SEF
*1987 - 1989, 2014 White's 6000 Di Pro (blue box) w. hip-mount,
Blue Max - 256 (10") widescan, 6" concentric

*Oldest identifiable coin - (no-date) King William lll farthing (issued 1695 - 1700)
*2nd oldest "coin" - 1746 King George II half-penny (counterfeit?)

Posted by: Davethejunky
Date: July 12, 2015 02:12PM
For that reason I don't use my phone for field photos. I use my digital camera and edit them on my computer using Picasa 3 that you can get free. Amazing tools.

dose anyone know what this is
Posted by: bobolender
Date: July 16, 2015 08:02PM
Found this coin today at an old Spanish mining area Dose anyone have any Ideas what it is. Thanks for your help.
Bob Olender

Posted by: Electriken
Date: February 08, 2016 07:07AM
Hello everyone,
I was having trouble finding out how to resize my photos to place on the forum's webpage, and bingo just found out how to do it
thanks to robertochicago.

Regards Electriken
Barwon Heads Vic
Australia

Posted by: RAYMOND INGRAHAM
Date: March 19, 2016 01:38PM
IfranVâ€Șiew,great free,small program, and adjustable filters ,no fee for life

Posted by: nalc472
Date: May 30, 2016 08:04AM
photoscape is so easy to use. u can reduce size of file, crop, color adjust. Free program. Love it. If U need the file send me a PM with your email and I will send U the file to install.

Posted by: scooper77515
Date: September 10, 2016 08:49PM
I use Linux and GIMP lets me resize. I find that 1200 X xxx is a perfect size for uploading to forums. Gets the photo down to around 300 kb, depending on how big the "xxx" value is. I always make sure that the 1200 is the larger of the two numbers.

Here is a sample.

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
'91 White's Eagle II SL w/BLUE MAX Deep Scan 950 coil (hand-me-down, just starting to learn how to use it!)
Recently left the bowels of Hell (Houston) and relocated to PNW

Posted by: Digging Pitts
Date: December 31, 2016 01:47PM
I use Fotor it's free and full of features. Works great on resizing images!

Posted by: raymond779
Date: January 04, 2017 05:31PM
this is a small program that will all you need in modifying,resizing,coloration it does it all,and its free its all i use for web photos
http://www.irfanview.com/

Re: Photo resizing for forum posting
Posted by: Fisherfinder
Date: January 31, 2017 08:50PM
I use Fast Image Resizer
"Small, Super Fast and Simple"

Looks like this...........

It will do:
600X600
800X600
1024X768
1280X800
1280X960
1680X1050
1600X1200

Single pictures or batches.
Just drag and drop.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3990-adionsoft-fast-image-resizer.html

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login