Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: It's not luck, it's pluck! Nice going! Wowzer! Find of a lifetime!
Posted by: ken ward
Date: June 07, 2017 03:44PM
Almost sounds like a late APRIL FOOLS joke to me.
What kind of detector will show the size of something and the shape.

I can , some what , get the size of something with my compadre, But, it could be a smashed beer can or ax head.

KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Re: Cache"ing A Dream
Posted by: Sanderling
Date: June 07, 2017 09:43PM
So, how ya gonna top that James?

Date: June 07, 2017 09:51PM
So how are you going to top that James?

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: June 07, 2017 10:28PM
Sanderling
So how are you going to top that James?

I'm going to keep hunting! I will probably not EVER find anything close to this again! BUT....what IF I do? I'm not going to feel a bit guilty about it. Its all about the fun....and yes...this is REALLY fun!

I'm going to keep looking....keep thinking....keep exploring and doing what some people say wont work:wink:

Thanks for your input!:cheers:

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2017 10:33PM by JamesBondaka.

Date: June 08, 2017 09:48AM
Go for it James! While it may not be the Atocha, your recovery rivals any Viking hoard found in Europe in my opinion. Thanks for letting us in on your incredible discovery from the start - M&C

Date: June 08, 2017 04:31PM
mcb613
My question is how all that iron didnt null or overload the machine, unless GPR.

The answer is obvious...If your hunting for a metal toolbox....you would be hunting FOR iron...or any target that could be in that range. There several detectors that are basically made for this and cavity situations. I own several.

As a matter of fact, you would welcome a signal that would overloaded your machine when hunting for a target like this.

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Posted by: mcb613
Date: June 08, 2017 04:36PM
Can you share the mfg and models? Is interesting. And are these machines bought just for cache hunting?
Wondering the cost ROI.
Thx

Date: June 08, 2017 05:12PM
mcb613
Can you share the mfg and models? Is interesting. And are these machines bought just for cache hunting?
Wondering the cost ROI.
Thx

You get what you pay for..... Nokta/Makro have several models. So does DRS. One that's really good and doesn't cost a lot is Whites tm-808.

Some, you don't want to know the cost of them but it just matters how serious a person is about finding treasure. Its all relative.

Posted by: mcb613
Date: June 08, 2017 05:48PM
True, im actually looking into GPR for a side business and getting to use it for hobby too. No real treasure stories around here, maybe just have to stumble onto them.
I fo have a new spot with house built in 1816.
Good candidate, id assume.

Date: June 08, 2017 07:30PM
Sanderling
Go for it James! While it may not be the Atocha, your recovery rivals any Viking hoard found in Europe in my opinion. Thanks for letting us in on your incredible discovery from the start - M&C

Thanks Mike! Not even close to Atocha or SS Columbia or Viking hoard but I will more than be ok with this find...no matter what the significance.

Lets go find some more!!!

Here's a pic I think you wanted.

Date: June 09, 2017 02:57PM
mcb613
So there are no pictures of the loot in crusty stage, before cleaning and repackaging the items as they are now?

Sorry but we didn't think to call the newspaper to take minute by minute photos for you....we were more concerned with what was IN the box, at the time.
*You have been told several times what's available and you still push. Please focus your desires elsewhere.*

Here another pic wanted by M&C. Approx. 3.5 in dia I haven't seen anything like it!....except for the other one which is bigger.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2017 03:27PM by JamesBondaka.

Date: June 16, 2017 05:42PM
Anyone know anything about this coins? They are part of the cache

Date: June 26, 2017 02:58AM
I have received several inquiries from members asking "how could I be so lucky to find this cache"?

Luck has something to do with it. Being in the right place and knowing the right people too!

After thinking about it, I would say this. Most of us have heard about the "3 p's". I think I would go one step further and it reminds me of this personal story.

I once was going to hunt with this metal detecting club and then I couldn't make it, because of another commitment I then went to the same area a day later. Keep in mind that some of these people are very good at detecting and as a matter of fact, some hunt every day. I wasn't sure how I was going to do, after the group hunted.
I hunted for 3 to 4 hours and I was able to find about 60 coins and 1 silver ring and a gold ring. It was a very good day! ...So, that brings up the question of how did I get all those coins and rings after hunting the same area... after the established group??? I wouldn't necessarily say that they missed the items but rather I knew what I was up against and wasn't going to come up empty... if I had anything to say about it. I would say that I was possibly more determined to find something than they were. I think that is the answer. If you think you're not going to find anything then probably you won't but if you're optimistic and work at it, then you can have some good luck. Out of the "3 p's", I would say that persistence is perhaps the most important! I am extremely persistent so that is one of the main reasons that I found this treasure.

As a matter of fact, I have returned to many areas that I have hunted with not much luck... only to find something better on following visits..
I try not to hunt when I'm tired either, as it's too easy to miss those all important signals and all it takes is one.
Figure out what type of machine you like and what technique works best for you and go with it. If I may say so, all too often.. listening to someone else is not the necessarily the "best" thing to do for your particular needs. (present company included), but I was asked. so there you have my humble opinion.

Advice is good, but experience is the key.

So, now you have my thoughts on how to help you find treasure... I really hope... it works for you!

*here's a pic that was wanted. Its about 85 percent of the total. The family is keeping the watches for sentimental reasons. Thanks Dave
and YES still looking for the other toolbox. Ideas are welcomed!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2017 03:17AM by JamesBondaka.

Date: June 29, 2017 02:55PM
James, after you discovered the cache was there any rhyme or reason for the location that it was found in? Maybe if you figure that out it might be a clue as to where tool box #2 might be located. I saw that one of the members had asked if the cache was located in the direct line of sight from a window in the house. That was a good question. The cache was near a stump, but I am not sure if that may have been some sort of marker. There could be another area of more buried barb wire if he was trying to mask the box. Just a few thoughts. Continue to be persistent and good luck finding the other box.

Date: July 03, 2017 04:13AM
If there is some rhyme or reason, I don't know what it is. I've done lots of thinking about it. I've even gone there at night with no lights trying to figure out where someone would bury something just by moonlight. Tried Night vision goggles too. I've even used a drone to see if I can spot something from the air that couldn't be seen from land. If there is a clue somewhere, I just haven't figured it out and realized it yet. I have been hyper inquisitive about any signal as I was the first time but no luck ...but who knows?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login