Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Cache"ing A Dream
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: July 05, 2017 03:19PM
JamesBondaka, you have made some sensational finds in the past, including this one! I hope that your good fortune continues!!! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: July 09, 2017 02:26AM
Thanks Squirrel! A couple at least...I've been lucky!

Heres some finds of the day but no toolbox.2 Best of luck to you!

Sorry I cleaned them up a bit. I apologize to the member's that love the dirt.

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2017 02:37AM by JamesBondaka.

Date: July 10, 2017 02:23PM
Those are some neat finds too JamesBondaka! I always enjoy digging old automotive related items - especially radiator cap emblems. Your Triple A insignia and Ford Cap are good finds! The green insulator is a good find too.

Oh, and I wouldn't call your making these great finds "Lucky"! It's a combination of research, making contacts and following up on leads, persistence with a positive attitude and yes maybe a little luck doesn't hurt either! continued success to you and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: July 17, 2017 08:22PM
Blind Squirrel
Those are some neat finds too JamesBondaka! I always enjoy digging old automotive related items - especially radiator cap emblems. Your Triple A insignia and Ford Cap are good finds! The green insulator is a good find too.

Oh, and I wouldn't call your making these great finds "Lucky"! It's a combination of research, making contacts and following up on leads, persistence with a positive attitude and yes maybe a little luck doesn't hurt either! continued success to you and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thank you again! You realize what one has to do to possibly make good things happen. No, this was not blind(squirrel) luck.....this did take some planning, work etc..... and still is. No toolbox....but I got a bottle.

To those that like clean stuff.....sorry this is dirty!

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Date: November 08, 2017 02:48PM
Howdy JamesBondaka--

I just read your story published in the December issue of WESTERN & EASTERN TREASURES. Again, congratulations on your great find and your excellent article! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Sanderling
Date: November 08, 2017 04:33PM
Following up on Blind Squirrels post. Yes James it was a very good article with some great pics. Congrats again. We will see if we can find gold on the beaches when you come. It is around to be found.

Date: November 09, 2017 06:50PM
Thanks Squirrel and Mike. We have almost figured out what everything is....and what its worth. A few items we still need to do some research on but basically a done deal. Don't mean to brag....but it was a lot of stuff to go thru.....I'm not complaining by any means. I guess I got paid back a bit for all those thousands of pennies I rescued from the earth. :happy:

Sometimes, I dream about it......and not sure if its reality or not....until I grab a silver dollar next to the bed.

Good luck to you both.....and looking forward to hunting with you at some point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 06:52PM by JamesBondaka.

Posted by: Drakester
Date: November 10, 2017 12:35AM
Totally awesome story and finds! HH

Posted by: BigTony
Date: November 11, 2017 08:06AM
Hello James, I just saw this post and wanted to say congratulations! I have always dreamed of finding one and will continue my dream after seeing what you have accomplished.

Another method is using a long probe or metal rod for striking the metal box. It seems your first wasn't burried that deep but with other stuff throwing off your detector's signal - you might want to go back to that very area and try probing with a rod.

I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to see what you turn up.
Tony

BigTony

Date: November 14, 2017 05:18PM
Thank you Drake and Tony,

Its funny and we all laugh, when we talk about this.....they kept saying.....its not there....its not there :clapping:

That's a good idea about using the metal probe. I didn't think of that. I passed this info on to the home owner.....He is out there probing with a long metal probe he constructed. Its quite the piece of work.

Thanks for the tip and I will notify you of any luck using it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 05:21PM by JamesBondaka.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login