Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Old House Tare Down...
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: July 02, 2017 03:34PM
Howdy--

My friend Kenneth and I had hunted the front yard and the back yard of an old vacant house off and on for a few years. We had permission from the owner. A couple days ago we passed by the house and noticed that it had been torn down and the lot had been cleared. Great! The lot was in the oldest part of town where we had, in the past, made some good finds. We hunted for about an hour and a half in the 107 degree heat and when we took a break to show each other our finds and have an ice cold drink a lady came up behind us and told us that it was private property. I politely informed her that we had permission to detect the site from the owner. Well, she said that the owner had passed away and the new owner didn't want any one on the property. We talked for a while about detecting and the previous owner and Kenneth gave her a bible and one of his cards and we left. Hopefully we can get back to that site when the new owner gets back in town. Here are some of my finds from that site: 1941 Merc, 1945-D Merc, 1957-D Roosevelt, an American Bank of Commerce 10 year Anniversary medal, an Oldsmobile emblem, an International radiator cap emblem, an unidentified pendant and a clasped hands charm that is similar to the clasped hands of the Mormon gold coins of 1849. Of course I also dug a few wheat cents - the oldest a 1918.

Oh, and thanks to Jurgen for the tip on cleaning common silver coins! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Re: Old House Tare Down...
Posted by: undrpar
Date: July 02, 2017 04:11PM
Great finds,congrats!!

Posted by: pplinker
Date: July 02, 2017 04:57PM
Great finds! Good job in the 107 degree temp! Hope you can get back there soon.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 03, 2017 07:32AM
Busy body women/people----hope you can return.

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: July 03, 2017 10:27PM
Can't fool the squirrel!

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Posted by: Sataro
Date: July 04, 2017 09:52AM
Congrats on some nice finds!

Nokta Impact | Whites MXT Pro | Tesoro Vaquero | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Date: July 05, 2017 03:23PM
Thanks undrpar!Best of luck to YOU and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: July 05, 2017 03:28PM
Thanks pplinker. We got a good rain yesterday and it cooled things of - down to the 80's & 90's. In a few days, I'll stop back and see if I can regain permission. I usually drink about a gallon of water and a bottle of Gator Aide in this kind of heat. Best of luck to YOU and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: July 05, 2017 03:33PM
Howdy doc holiday232, she was real nice about kicking us off - she was just following the owners' instructions. When we get back there and talk to the new owner, I am optimistic that we will regain permission. But we will see... Best of luck to YOU and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: July 05, 2017 03:41PM
Hhahah Thanks JamesBondaka! Makes me think of the time that I had 58 reading on my V3i @ 5". I thought : Well it could be an Indian Head Cent or a screw cap . well, it WAS a screw-cap but I noticed some yellow in the side of the hole and pulled out a 15.2 gram 14 K gold chain. I guess I was sort of fooled. hahaha Best of luck to YOU and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: July 05, 2017 03:44PM
Thanks Sataro! Best of luck to YOU and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: pplinker
Date: July 05, 2017 06:28PM
I hope you get renewed permission again soon with those kinds of finds.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: July 08, 2017 05:07PM
Blind Squirrel
Hhahah Thanks JamesBondaka! Makes me think of the time that I had 58 reading on my V3i @ 5". I thought : Well it could be an Indian Head Cent or a screw cap . well, it WAS a screw-cap but I noticed some yellow in the side of the hole and pulled out a 15.2 gram 14 K gold chain. I guess I was sort of fooled. hahaha Best of luck to YOU and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

No! You were the smart one! And you learned something::cheers:

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Date: July 10, 2017 02:41PM
Thanks pplinker. I'll go back in a week or 2 and talk to the owner - I'll wear my lucky shirt when I go hahah. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Spiffy finds!N/T
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: July 10, 2017 03:29PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login