Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pants Parts
Posted by: pplinker
Date: August 19, 2017 07:52AM
Well I know this isn't very exciting but these rivets and zipper parts came from a long gone 1930 era homestead. What is exciting to me is finding these tiny items with my Deus. Only 2 to 4 inches down but they're so small and getting a good signal; some even had TID number. One rivet is no bigger than a BB. The zipper says CROWN, back says made in usa. Amazingly, after close to 80 years, the zipper tab still moves a bit on the pin hinge.

Also dug up pieces of a leather shoe because of the metal eyelets. In the same hole was a piece of threadbare rag that looked like it might have been a dish cloth or tea towel. I find it fascinating that a piece of leather or cloth can be buried for that long and not be completely disintegrated.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Re: Pants Parts
Posted by: Mcdetect
Date: August 19, 2017 09:29PM
Nice work. Keep on digging...there has to be more there.

Re: Pants Parts
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 22, 2017 10:05PM
Tonight I found what looks like a tiny part of a rivet. Still not sure what it is but man, it is tiny. It lets me know I'm not missing anything. If I can find that at depth, I can find a dime on edge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login