Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Went out with diggervance today . . .
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 26, 2017 03:47PM
Found a live 30-30 in the park. The watch is a first for me. It's a finger watch. A woman walking by introduced herself. I showed her the watch and asked her about it. She said she used to
have one. The band expands around the finger.
The Junior Pilot ring was put in cereal boxes by American Airlines in the 50's. Never found one before. Never even knew they existed.
The wheats are 1919, 1940, 1941.
Can't believe I found that really small watch cog. And it sounded so good to my Explorer SE Pro.
The most exciting find was the pencil eraser. (joke).

It was good to get out with diggervance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2017 03:53PM by Tony N (Michigan).

Re: Went out with diggervance today . . .
Posted by: pplinker
Date: August 26, 2017 05:21PM
Great job, that's some really neat finds!

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: dirt doctor
Date: August 26, 2017 06:52PM
Great finds Tony . I found one of those Jr. pilot rings a while back also .Yes , those darn pencil erasers drive me crazy also .

Posted by: 407floyd
Date: August 27, 2017 09:15PM
Like the finger watch and the ring! Thats funny, I just got into an area of pencil erasers too next to a church. Must have had school there.

Date: August 28, 2017 11:43AM
407floyd
Like the finger watch and the ring! Thats funny, I just got into an area of pencil erasers too next to a church. Must have had school there.

We were detecting a school from the '20's which is not shut down. The eraser was found there I think. We went from there somewhere else after we weren't finding much.

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: August 31, 2017 11:32PM
Tony N (Michigan)--

You had a very good hunt! Finding old toys or old rings like yours always puts a smile on my face. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: September 01, 2017 09:35AM
Hi Blind Squirrel,
Yea, it was fun getting out. I recently got the E-trac and hope to get back there soon with diggervance.

I'm curious how you came up with your moniker (name).
Tony
Blind Squirrel
Tony N (Michigan)--

You had a very good hunt! Finding old toys or old rings like yours always puts a smile on my face. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Sataro
Date: September 03, 2017 03:30AM
Hey Tony, congrats on the hunt! Looks like you found some interesting finds...

Nokta Impact | Whites MXT Pro | Tesoro Vaquero | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: September 07, 2017 06:29PM
Tony N (Michigan),

It's funny that you should ask. Several years ago, detecting with an old friend that had just made a good find, after congratulating him, he replied: "Even a Blind Squirrel gets an acorn every now and then." I had a good laugh at that and when I registered on this forum, I thought that I might as well be the Blind Squirrel hahahah. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: kschae4
Date: September 18, 2017 05:52AM
Congrats,nice mix of finds. It's amazing how many lives rounds are found in parks.

Minelab Safari/BH Land Star/ Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Cause down the shore everything's all right"
Oldest identifiable coin- 1775 King George lll half penny
Most bizarre find: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1835200,1835200#msg-1835200

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login