Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Went out for a short 10 minute hunt during lunch. I still can't believe this!
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 11, 2017 01:19PM
I found this beauty about 6 inches deep in gravel near the driveway.
Notice the beautiful patina. I didn't think anyone would believe me if I didn't post a picture.:detecting:

Re: Went out for a short 10 minute hunt during lunch. I still can't believe this!
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: September 11, 2017 01:38PM
Birth control device??

Re: Went out for a short 10 minute hunt during lunch. I still can't believe this!
Posted by: REVIER
Date: September 11, 2017 01:51PM
One of the most important and useful inventions man ever made.
It actually deletes mistakes, gets rid of them forever...totally erases them from existence.
Powerful JuJu in that one.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Date: September 11, 2017 02:21PM
What remains of a modern era pencil eraser.

Date: September 11, 2017 03:38PM
Actually, I love finding old erasers. They let me know my ears are tuned in. Now if I can just tune my ears into the gold spectrum.

I am finding the Deus to be a very capable machine.

Posted by: pplinker
Date: September 11, 2017 04:10PM
You really worked for that if it was in six inches of gravel.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Date: September 11, 2017 05:21PM
pplinker
You really worked for that if it was in six inches of gravel.

I used my digger shovel. It wasn't too bad. But, yea, there are areas where the gravel is like concrete.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: September 11, 2017 05:33PM
The bane of my detecting schools!!!!

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: September 15, 2017 04:23PM
Hey Tony N (Michigan),

Congratulations on a very unusual and rare find! Have you considered taking it to the Antique Roadshow for authentication and an appraisal? I would be nervous having it in the house without having it insured!! hahahh Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: brianc577
Date: September 15, 2017 08:37PM
Does it have a backmark?

Posted by: coinspader
Date: September 22, 2017 08:22PM
I'm jealous, all i found today was another crappy 2 reale

Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: September 22, 2017 09:00PM
coinspader
I'm jealous, all i found today was another crappy 2 reale

Don't feel bad, your day will come.

Date: September 22, 2017 09:01PM
brianc577
Does it have a backmark?

What's a backmark?

Date: September 22, 2017 09:04PM
Blind Squirrel
Hey Tony N (Michigan),

Congratulations on a very unusual and rare find! Have you considered taking it to the Antique Roadshow for authentication and an appraisal? I would be nervous having it in the house without having it insured!! hahahh Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks, Blind Squirrel. I was thinking of seeing how much I can get for it on Fleabay first. For now, its in my safety deposit box at the bank.

Date: September 22, 2017 09:06PM
Bane? I'd rather find an antique eraser than a gold coin any day! :blowup:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login