Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Hatchet
Posted by: pplinker
Date: September 14, 2017 04:58PM
They bulldozed some blacktop up from one of my sites and it seemed to make the detector too noisy. I did find this hatchet which cleaned up nice with an electric wire brush. It says drop forged, probably had a rubber handle, so not too old. It's nice and light though.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Re: Hatchet
Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: September 14, 2017 08:32PM
pplinker
They bulldozed some blacktop up from one of my sites and it seemed to make the detector too noisy. I did find this hatchet which cleaned up nice with an electric wire brush. It says drop forged, probably had a rubber handle, so not too old. It's nice and light though.

That's a super nice find pplinker. Always nice to dig a hatchet. I've always wanted to dig up an Indian trade axe.

Re: Hatchet
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: September 15, 2017 03:59PM
Pplinker, it's always cool to find tools that can be used! I've found my share of wrenches, hammers, saws etc. Good going! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login