Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Amazing Luck
Posted by: ramer
Date: September 20, 2017 05:31PM
I was picking walnuts in a park in upstate New York. I had to meet a friend at 6 PM and it was only 5 PM and I was done picking walnuts. I had time to kill, about 30 minutes to be exact. Here I am in this 700 acre park, 80 percent which is heavily wooded and full of hills and valleys. So I am driving around and randomly pull over and decide to detect in a remote area. I walk into the woods about 40 feet, turn on my detector, walk about 5 feet. I got a good signal, dug it. There it was, a 1936 half dollar. Out of the 700 acres I happened upon this particular spot and got a walking liberty on my very first dig. Amazing luck indeed.

Re: Amazing Luck
Posted by: Mcdetect
Date: September 20, 2017 05:53PM
Crazy good luck. Congrats!

Posted by: Listener
Date: September 20, 2017 05:54PM
Amazing luck, what else could it be. Congradulations. Did u consider getting a lottery ticket on the way home.

Date: September 20, 2017 06:08PM
Hee hee, no, never thought about lottery tickets at the time. But maybe I should have.

It was meant for you to find. Great job! Go back and
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 20, 2017 07:11PM
Go back and get the silver dollars they dropped too.

Posted by: kschae4
Date: September 21, 2017 05:47AM
Very nice Walker,congrats. I'd run that site through historic aerials to see what existed there back in the day for future visits.

Minelab Safari/BH Land Star/ Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Cause down the shore everything's all right"
Oldest identifiable coin- 1775 King George lll half penny
Most bizarre find: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1835200,1835200#msg-1835200

Posted by: pplinker
Date: September 21, 2017 07:57AM
Congratulations on such a great find! I'd love to find one. I had one that my parents gave me and I gave it to my niece. Then when she got into college I find out she is pursuing some BS social justice degree. She posted some illogical things on facebook and when I pointed out the facts, she unfriended me. Wish I had that pure silver walker back!

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: September 21, 2017 04:43PM
That's beautiful. .. congrats on the big silver...

Posted by: Goldstrike
Date: September 21, 2017 04:55PM
I sure wish I had found it!! The larger silver coins i.e. half's and silver dollars are very difficult to find anymore. A great find!

Posted by: Mkus
Date: September 21, 2017 05:38PM
Maybe go back and find some gold?! Sweet find!

Date: September 21, 2017 07:09PM
I also am thankful for all of God's blessings. I am thankful to Him for such a wonderful hobby I am involved in and for the finds it sometimes brings me. Sounds like you've had pretty good successful finds yourself. Congradulations for sure and good luck with future detecting.

Posted by: kaolinwasher
Date: September 22, 2017 11:44AM
last one of those i found was back in 1973 that seems more than luck, some divine guidance

Currently own 4 detectors

Mirage P.I coustom built by Sven.

silver Umax With ground balance

Blisstool V5

and a Makro Racer,

God will forgive every sin and blasphemy. are you ready to repent

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: September 23, 2017 02:15AM
Good find there Ramer! That NY soil is so kind to silver. I think that I would hunt that park more often. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 02:16AM by Blind Squirrel.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: September 23, 2017 08:43AM
Super nice Walker! Better get crackin' You have a lot of work ahead of you: 8" - 10" size coil / 700 acres. :rofl:

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: September 23, 2017 08:45AM
You have an amazing memory Gunnar.

kaolinwasher
last one of those i found was back in 1973 that seems more than luck, some divine guidance

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login