Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Corner Lot Tare Down...
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: September 23, 2017 12:20PM
Howdy---

We went back to that overgrown fire-damaged home and the best part is that it had been mowed so I was saved from the task of mowing it in 100+ degree heat. The downside was that Kenneth and I each only found 1 wheat cent and a few dollars in clad and memorials. The house will be demolished so we will keep an eye on it.

We found a corner lot that had recently had 2 houses demolished and the debris removed. We gave it a try. Kenneth dug 4 wheat cents, clad and memorials and a WW2 Army Air Corps collar disc. I dug 6 wheat cents a couple Mexican coins, a small gold plated heart, a 14K Gold Electroplated ring, some scrap copper that I will recycle, some clad and memorials and a 1917 Merc. An interesting find was this Well. I eyeballed it and thought that it was a brass or copper piece of scrap destined for the recycle bin. Well, after closer examination - it's a well! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Re: Corner Lot Tare Down...
Posted by: pplinker
Date: September 23, 2017 01:10PM
Those are some nice finds there. That miniature hand pump is interesting. Wonder if it is functional? Maybe it sat atop a lotion bottle of some type. Sure looks old.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: September 23, 2017 02:18PM
I really like the finds Blind Squirrel! Never saw a well pump like that. Love the jewelry too! Nice job!

Posted by: shafer44
Date: September 24, 2017 12:44AM
good finds Blind Squirrel!!

Retired and "diggin' it"

Detectors: V3i (6-21-2013) 2nd V3i (11-15-2015)
coils: 4x6 eclipse, 6x10 eclipse, 9" spider eclipse, 10" D2, 13" Detech
Sunray DX-1 inline and Whites TRX pinpointers

Posted by: Sataro
Date: September 24, 2017 04:41AM
Congrats on the nice finds! You've got some interesting finds there.

Nokta Impact | XP Deus | Lesche Digger | Deteknix Xpointer

Date: September 30, 2017 01:49PM
Thanks pplinker. The well-pump is cast iron and not functional. I believe that it was a decoration of some sort and as you suggested, it appears to be quite old. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: September 30, 2017 01:55PM
Thank you Tony (Michigan). That is the first well-pump like that that I have seen also. My first thought, as I picked it up was that it was an old commode part. It wasn't until I took a break for a cold drink that I realized what it was. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: September 30, 2017 01:56PM
Thanks shafer! Best of luck to you and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: September 30, 2017 01:58PM
Thank you Sataro. I appreciate the kind words. Best of luck to you and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: September 30, 2017 10:26PM
nice bunch of finds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login