Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
1954 dog license, Peace buckle, Frosty, and 1901 Dime.
Posted by: pplinker
Date: October 01, 2017 07:52PM
Went to a city lot today, have hunted there before but now they've dug out a basement foundation so thought I'd check out the dirt piles. Didn't find anything in the piles, so I searched the rest of the lot. 1954 dog license. Wonder how much that cost? The last one I bought was only 4.00. Found that old peace sign belt buckle. Somebody was styling back in the days when bell bottom pants were in vogue. They had the lot marked off with string that showed the boundary lines so before going home I hunted real close to the boundary line and found the dime. I knew it was old right away because of it being so thin. The guy next door came outside a little later so I called him over and showed him the dime. We had talked before. He took me into his garage and showed me some bottles he'd found and gave them to me. They weren't that old, I wouldn't have bought them at a yard sale, but took them because he was nice enough to give them to me. Then he showed me an old metal detector his brother gave him. It was a White's goldmaster, and he even has the book with it. It takes regular batteries, I don't remember if he said 8 or 16. He asked is it was a good one and I said well, it's good enough to do the job, but there's always something new coming out, it is like cell phones. I would love to hunt his property because that dime was so close to the line, but I figured he's a nice guy if he wanted me to do that, he'd offer. But he told me about another place to hunt. It is the old waterworks owned by the city. I went down there and it's by the creek and a sign on one if the buildings says it was used prior to 1912. It's probably been hunted to death, but you never know. Thanks for looking.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Re: 1954 dog license, Peace buckle, Frosty, and 1901 Dime.
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: October 03, 2017 04:31PM
Nice finds.. years ago i tlked to a guy who has done alot of arrowhead picking in the farm fields. .. he suggested i try several different spots and most of them paid off well..i always consider peoples suggestions, you never know..

Posted by: pplinker
Date: October 03, 2017 06:53PM
bootyhoundpa
Nice finds.. years ago i tlked to a guy who has done alot of arrowhead picking in the farm fields. .. he suggested i try several different spots and most of them paid off well..i always consider peoples suggestions, you never know..

Thanks Bootyhoundpa. That was nice of him to share his spots with you. I found an arrowhead a few weeks ago where my husband had dug up a waterline. It would seem it was deep because it was laying on the top of the pile. Have never found many arrowheads. I talked to a guy at the park that hunts them in the plowed creek bottom fields and apparently he's very successful at it. Said he's found a couple knives that's worth a few thousand dollars. Good luck to you in your metal detecting and arrowhead hunting!

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: October 03, 2017 07:48PM
pplinker
bootyhoundpa

Thanks Bootyhoundpa. That was nice of him to share his spots with you. I found an arrowhead a few weeks ago where my husband had dug up a waterline. It would seem it was deep because it was laying on the top of the pile. Have never found many arrowheads. I talked to a guy at the park that hunts them in the plowed creek bottom fields and apparently he's very successful at it. Said he's found a couple knives that's worth a few thousand dollars. Good luck to you in your metal detecting and arrowhead hunting!
you are welcome pplinker, the arrowhead guy told me about places in different fields where he had noticed pieces of broken glass and pottery, iron and whatnot..many of those spots had old coins and relics although i do every so often find an arrowhead or hammer stone.. good luck to you too.

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: October 05, 2017 06:34AM
Congrats on the Barber and other finds !

I always enjoy finding the old Dog Tags - it's amazing how long ago they were required in some areas.
I've seen them posted in the metal detecting forums that were dated from the 1880's and 1890's !

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: Sataro
Date: October 05, 2017 10:17AM
Congrats on the nice finds!

Nokta Impact | Whites MXT Pro | Tesoro Vaquero | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login