Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
OBSOLETE MAKRO RACER2 FINDS RARE 1800's KEY DATE U.S. SILVER
Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: October 13, 2017 06:57PM
Tom, his friend Tony, and I went on a 2.5 day weekend detecting adventure a couple of weekends ago.

This was the highlight of my finds, one of 56,000 minted, considered the key date Seated Liberty Quarter, sans the Carson City issues:

First site visited was a civil war era encampment that the Union Army frequented that seems to pork out lots of buttons and lead, a few relics, and very few coins (which seems really odd?). Id' say that by now, between Tom and I alone, that we've dug well over 600+ conductors there, of which only two were coins. No belt or cartridge box plates, no bit bosses, only one company letter, no regiment numbers, seems odd, but I'm not complaining, I enjoy finding civil war era buttons and lead, and heck we don't even have to go back east B)- Even though research seems to indicate this was mainly a cavalry camp, this is the first button we've found that actually had a cavalry C in the shield. Also that little bit on the bottom right, is actually a two piece button, the front seems to have some kind of goldstone that they polished out a letter "S" and left the rest matte finished. It's a tiny button, if it hadn't had a button loop on the back, I'd likely thought it was a bit of junk - lol

Does anyone know what this is? It was a heck of a signal, some kind of cast bronze/brass decorative thing, we're thinking it could be part of an old gun (see above next to the buttons for a size estimate)???

It definitely has a pre-industrial revolution era hand cast look to it like items we find at late 1700's/early 1800's Spanish era sites.

The next site is one that I've known of it's existence for ten years, but it wasn't until I brought Tom out on a ghost town trip, that we discussed the site, and decided to get serious about locating it. It took lots of research time and a few trips to the area to finally find the X marks the spot location. Now that we have, it seems to be a virgin site, all but forgotten to time.

Here's a video I made while digging the coin, had no idea what I'd really dug until about 60 seconds after the video was over and Tom checked PCGS to see if it was a rare date or anything and holy cow:

https://youtu.be/-Yl1Vr4ccKc

Thanks for looking and HH,
Brian

Obsolete?
Posted by: utmike
Date: October 13, 2017 10:33PM
Congrats on an incredible seated! Seems your R2 is anything but obsolete!

Re: OBSOLETE MAKRO RACER2 FINDS RARE 1800's KEY DATE U.S. SILVER
Posted by: Sataro
Date: October 14, 2017 05:43AM
Congrats on some great finds! R2 is a good machine.

Nokta Impact | Whites MXT Pro | Tesoro Vaquero | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: October 14, 2017 06:31AM
Outstanding ! :clapping:

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: CZconnoisseur
Date: October 14, 2017 05:30PM
Wow what a doozy! Great save on that Seated Quarter you won't soon forget digging that one! :surrender:

Tokens 16
Wheats 138
Indians 52
V Nickels 8
Buffalo Nickels 7
War Nickels 6
Seated Dimes 4
Barber Dimes 8
Mercury Dimes 23
Canada Vicky Dimes 1
Rosie Dimes 8
Seated Quarters 1
Barber Quarters 2
Standing Quarters 1
Washington Quarters 1
Walker Halves 1
Barber Halves 1
Silver Jewelry 7
Gold Jewelry 1

Posted by: Drakester
Date: October 15, 2017 09:54AM
Killer dig bro! HH

Congratulations on the rare coin!N/T
Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: October 15, 2017 02:15PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Date: October 16, 2017 01:17PM
Thanks everyone!!

I dug a 1916D Merc last year that I posted here, but this one is far more rare :thumbup:

hh,
Brian

Posted by: Dang
Date: October 16, 2017 08:30PM
Man WTG!!
I'm gonna have to get me a Obsolete!

Posted by: NiagracountyNY
Date: October 17, 2017 05:54AM
Had to break the cf77 out for a few swings after I saw this..Those obsolete units still find it all..Well done

Date: October 24, 2017 10:03PM
Thanks everyone, I think the Racer will live to see another day, at least until the Equinox proves their statement that it'll make all of our VLF machines obsolete :pinnochio

HH,
Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login