Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Toasted IH and "V" nickle
Posted by: pan4au
Date: October 16, 2017 07:09PM
I stopped off for a quick hunt after a trip to the Doctor. I have a degenerated disc in my neck affecting my left arm also.. a lot of tingling and weakness. I'm right handed but swing with my left. I headed to a spot in this past that gave up a couple of wheaties before along with some trash indicating an old home site..I've found old fruit jar lids.. zinc and white glass lids. Dealing with the pain score me two toasted coins.. The first was a "V" nickle then a 1903 IH.. The "V" may be a 1901 hard to make out for sure right now. I also found an old spoon and a shot shell base that I haven't cleaned up yet. The ground dry and hard now. I'll head back there when the ground is softer and I'm more able to detect..

Tn. TH'er
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Tesoro Cibola Gound balance modded
Garrett Pro Pointer II
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Re: Toasted IH and "V" nickle
Posted by: Mkus
Date: October 17, 2017 07:18AM
Tough soil they look like the v’s I find lol and Indians but I did find a mint 1898 indian

Yep, pretty toasted but still great finds!N/T
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: October 17, 2017 10:13AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Yep, pretty toasted but still great finds!
Posted by: pan4au
Date: October 17, 2017 11:09AM
It was cool finding them where I did. I knew I had an IH when I saw that olive green patina.It was almost 8" and came in just a little above nickle VID 12-14 for the IH and I believe 12-10 for the "V" nickle. I'll hit it after a good soaking rain.. there should be some deep silver there

Tn. TH'er
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Tesoro Cibola Gound balance modded
Garrett Pro Pointer II
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login