Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Barber park streak continues
Posted by: Mcdetect
Date: October 25, 2017 05:35PM
My barber-only silver streak continues at my favorite est. 1800s park. Today I scored my 9th silver coin from the park and every single one has been a barber. So far I have pulled a barber half, a barber quarter and 7 barber dimes. Today's dime is a 1903 p. Also scored a 1901 indian and a presidential dollar coin for good measure. The dime was pretty shallow but might have been on edge since it pinpointed off center and ID'ed like a simple clad dime. I was totally surprised when I saw the flash of a silver wreath while digging it out. Somehow I didn't hit it even though I wasn't digging cautiously since I thought I was digging a shallow-ish clad dime.
HH

Re: Barber park streak continues
Posted by: pan4au
Date: October 25, 2017 05:41PM
Nice spot you have to detect.. Congrats on the finds

Tn. TH'er
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Tesoro Cibola Gound balance modded
Garrett Pro Pointer II
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: October 25, 2017 05:44PM
Wow I’ll take that $1.11 anytime mcdetect. What a great streak - lucky guy!

Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: October 25, 2017 06:59PM
Nice going on the saves!

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: October 27, 2017 04:11AM
Congrats on finding all those Barber's !

Maybe go there with a larger coil for more depth if there's not to much trash in the ground.
I'd also try hunting the area after a heavy rain when the ground is really soaked - this can help get you get clearer and deeper signal on some sites.

Good Hunting !

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Date: October 27, 2017 07:39AM
Thanks for the tips etrac ohio! I'll give it a try. I've been there with a larger coil but not after a heavy rain. Every time I think this place is hunted out it proves me wrong.

Date: October 27, 2017 08:12AM
How deep was the Indian and what reading did you receive?

Date: October 27, 2017 08:37AM
The indian was probably 4 to 5 inches deep. Indians ring up in the same range as zincolns. 12-32 to 12-37 or so. I believe fatty indians ring up even lower...like 12-24...but I've never dug one of those since I've been hunting mostly trashy parks and find it hard or frustrating to dig in that range for long periods of time.

Date: October 27, 2017 04:51PM
Mcdetect
The indian was probably 4 to 5 inches deep. Indians ring up in the same range as zincolns. 12-32 to 12-37 or so. I believe fatty indians ring up even lower...like 12-24...but I've never dug one of those since I've been hunting mostly trashy parks and find it hard or frustrating to dig in that range for long periods of time.

Very nice congrats on the coins! Keep up the great work! Love those old coins!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login