Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A useful junk find
Posted by: Listener
Date: November 07, 2017 09:58AM
I went out for my weekly Monday park excursion and was finding the usual few dollars in clad and as usual picking up the scattered bottle caps as encountered when I noticed one was a refrigerator magnet. Immediately it went into the finds pouch as I thought, I can use that.
This conjured up other thoughts about making my own with the others I had found,buying packets of disc magnets and putting them to a practical use. I could use that jar of pennies I have found to buy them with. Maybe I could sell the bottle cap magnets at a small profit, etc...
Nah. Clean those pennies and buy a silver eagle. See how your mind wanders when You're out swinging the stick.

Re: A useful junk find
Posted by: pplinker
Date: November 07, 2017 01:49PM
Sounds like a great idea! Making the magnets. Would be good if you can find older caps in good shape like grape nehi.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: Mcdetect
Date: November 07, 2017 08:31PM
Pull tab earrings? :-)

Date: November 07, 2017 11:39PM
Yes, I remember those Nehi grape belly washers from my childhood in Oklahoma, we would get them at the filling station, when riding in the ole Ford truck with grandpa that had a front windshield that opened up at the bottom so air could flow in and your voices warbled when you talked because of that. In that rural community they had traveling movies and they would set up a screen and folding chairs in a pasture and people would get see a western movie. Gosh if I could just remember where that was. I'm sure there would be some Indiianheads and silver there.

Posted by: pplinker
Date: November 08, 2017 07:27AM
Listener
In that rural community they had traveling movies and they would set up a screen and folding chairs in a pasture and people would get see a western movie. Gosh if I could just remember where that was. I'm sure there would be some Indiianheads and silver there.

Think hard! That'd be great place to metal detect!

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Date: November 08, 2017 09:47AM
As near as I can remember it was on farm ground just across the highway from the garage in Rose Prairie, Ok.. the old highway going to Siloam Springs,Arkansas. There never was much there but the garage and a store and church. Maybe Pryor Creek Joe knows where it is. I graduated from Pryor Creek High in 60, but I don't know him. I live in Utah now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 10:08AM by Listener.

Posted by: Sataro
Date: November 08, 2017 10:46AM
Magnets will work on many projects. And yes our mind does wander. After reading your post, it got me to thinking about some of my old tootsie toys that I have dug. They are sitting in a can somewhere. Using hot glue gun I could easily glue a magnet on the bottom of them. Then with a little metal sheet mounted in rustic wood trim, I could easily display them. May have to take a break from my pen making & make me a display stand.

Nokta Impact | Whites MXT Pro | Tesoro Vaquero | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Sun Ray Pro Headphones | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Date: November 08, 2017 12:54PM
Nice idea Sataro, now that winter is here and ground is freezing might as well do other projects.

Posted by: Sataro
Date: November 09, 2017 11:48AM
Listener, I guess I’ve got the advantage on you here in Central Texas. Heading down to Round Rock, TX on Saturday for a competition hunt. We are a long way off from freezing ground here in Texas. Temperature is supposed to be around 71 degree F on Saturday.

Nokta Impact | Whites MXT Pro | Tesoro Vaquero | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Sun Ray Pro Headphones | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Date: November 09, 2017 04:40PM
Man, I would love to get out more. Enjoy.
We don't have advantage here of colonial or cw relics like a lot of detectorist, but the bugs aren't as bad either. The ground here is what I call getting plastic cause of the clay stiffing up as the cold sets in. Now southern Utah is still in the 70's, maybe I need to take a trip south.

Posted by: mtc cocoon wim
Date: November 14, 2017 03:57PM
http://www.crowncapweb.nl/nl/display.php?page=all〈=nl

Here you can have a look how many magnets you will need

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login