Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A small spill...
Posted by: REVIER
Date: November 08, 2017 06:07PM
..but I'll take it just the same.
Two buffs with dates and a nice merc.
Most of my buffs I have found this year have had dates so on a streak.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Re: A small spill...
Posted by: Tired Rooster
Date: November 08, 2017 07:55PM
Two Buffs and a Merc!! Really good finds there!

Posted by: Gamma_Joe
Date: November 08, 2017 08:03PM
Take a look at the back of that 1937 nickel. If it has a "D" mint mark, then take a look at the buffalo. If it has only three legs (the right front leg is missing, due to a mint error) ... then you have a rare and valuable one.

Great finds!

Joe

Date: November 09, 2017 12:36AM
Gamma_Joe
Take a look at the back of that 1937 nickel. If it has a "D" mint mark, then take a look at the buffalo. If it has only three legs (the right front leg is missing, due to a mint error) ... then you have a rare and valuable one.

Great finds!

Joe

Yea, already checked.
It is a D mint but it has 4 legs.

F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: zombiemax
Date: November 09, 2017 08:26AM
Nice finds!

Posted by: timwied
Date: November 09, 2017 09:10AM
Man! Those nickels look great! Mine always come out looking brown, and nothing I've tried changes them! Congrats, like those kind of spills!

Fisher F4, Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Garrett Pro Pinpointer Pro AT, Deluth Fire Hose Flex Pants, Lookin for Gold! Started Detecting December 31, 2013, Oldest 2014 - 1861 Seated Liberty Dime. Oldest 2015 - 1863 & 1864 Indian Head Cents, 1 foot apart. Oldest 2016 - 1700's Chinese Cash Coin & Fatty, no date, 1860-1864 Indian Head Cent, 2. Two 52 caliber ringtail sharps Confederate Bullets, and 4 pistol balls in the same hole. Two Union Bullets, one is 58 caliber Williams Cleaner.

Date: November 09, 2017 09:25AM
timwied
Man! Those nickels look great! Mine always come out looking brown, and nothing I've tried changes them! Congrats, like those kind of spills!

Oh, these didn't start out that way, trust me.
Once I determined this was not a 3 legged 37d and looked up to make sure neither one was worth much I took a brillo pad and a lot of elbow grease to them.
These were dark, encrusted and almost unidentifiable before that.
I know coin guys say never clean coins like this but they are mine, they are never going to be sold and to me look much better in my collection of I can recognize what they are.
I have found older Jefferson's, buffs and a few V nickels and none ever come out of the ground looking good.
Silver war nickels yes, coins and jewelry made out of mostly nickel not so much.

Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 09:28AM by REVIER.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: November 09, 2017 09:38AM
When I was a kid those 2 Buffs and the dime would have meant a double feature western,a coke, and a box of popcorn. Those were the days!!!!

Posted by: always diggin 2
Date: November 09, 2017 11:00AM
Two Buffs and a Merc!! Congratulations!

Started detecting Oct 2010 w/Tracker 4; March 2011 upgraded to F2; Compadre; Leashe; Makro PP; F44

Posted by: Sataro
Date: November 09, 2017 11:37AM
Congrats on some nice finds!

Nokta Impact | Whites MXT Pro | Tesoro Vaquero | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Sun Ray Pro Headphones | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: November 09, 2017 01:01PM
Nice!!!!

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: November 09, 2017 05:53PM
Great job cleaning those buffalos,they look awesome.

Posted by: Drakester
Date: November 09, 2017 06:01PM
Awesome finds!

Posted by: timwied
Date: November 10, 2017 07:22AM
REVIER
timwied

Oh, these didn't start out that way, trust me.
Once I determined this was not a 3 legged 37d and looked up to make sure neither one was worth much I took a brillo pad and a lot of elbow grease to them.
These were dark, encrusted and almost unidentifiable before that.
I know coin guys say never clean coins like this but they are mine, they are never going to be sold and to me look much better in my collection of I can recognize what they are.
I have found older Jefferson's, buffs and a few V nickels and none ever come out of the ground looking good.
Silver war nickels yes, coins and jewelry made out of mostly nickel not so much.

Yeah, I agree with you! If they are not valuable, I clean mine also. For 99% of the people that I show them to, they say WOW, I like showing my collection! Crusty ones don't raise an eyebrow! I've never had anyone yet say, those are too clean! LOL. Indian Head Cents are a little different, clean them too good and they look worse than crusty. I'm trying now to clean 4 Indians, using distilled water in and ice cube tray and freezing and thawing them. Supposed to knock the crud off without damaging the patina, so far it's working. Patience? What is that?

Fisher F4, Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Garrett Pro Pinpointer Pro AT, Deluth Fire Hose Flex Pants, Lookin for Gold! Started Detecting December 31, 2013, Oldest 2014 - 1861 Seated Liberty Dime. Oldest 2015 - 1863 & 1864 Indian Head Cents, 1 foot apart. Oldest 2016 - 1700's Chinese Cash Coin & Fatty, no date, 1860-1864 Indian Head Cent, 2. Two 52 caliber ringtail sharps Confederate Bullets, and 4 pistol balls in the same hole. Two Union Bullets, one is 58 caliber Williams Cleaner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login