Findmall.com

New User Forum Sponsored by Kellyco

Welcome! Log In Register
Anyone ever hunt an old golf course???
Posted by: Long2bhiking
Date: January 28, 2015 05:22PM
I'm headed on a business trip next week and will be next to an old golf course which is now just walking trails open to the public. It just dawned on me that this could be a good place to hunt (tee boxes and greens) and was considering taking my detector. Has anyone else ever hunted an old golf course and had any luck? Thanks

Re: Anyone ever hunt an old golf course???
Posted by: Pastor bob
Date: January 29, 2015 03:24PM
If this is the old course in North Omaha I think it would be an OK place to hunt. The holes on top of the big hill have been hunted hard, but the rest of the course has not. Keep in mind this is a high crime part of town. If it is not then by all means hunt it. Also look for old drinking fountains or any place a golfer might have stopped to rest.

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: February 17, 2015 03:07PM
I never actually metal detected on a golf course but did find a CW bullet, knapsack hook, and a few button backs while playing. Years later they destroyed it to put new houses in. I was told by another hunter LOTS of goodies came out. If you get the chance to hunt the course, go for it and good luck!

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: DigPan
Date: February 17, 2015 03:40PM
It's been 20 yrs ago but I have. Going to the tee from the cart path and from cart path to green you will find plenty of ball marks and divot tools. You will find coins also but will usually be pennies and dimes. When the golfer pulls out their tee to tee up the ball pocket objects sometimes falls out.
Let us know when you go.
Thanks & HH
Donald (DigPan)

Posted by: Dirty Nails
Date: November 24, 2015 11:56AM
When I was a kid back in the early 60's, I stayed with the folks that owned the farm next to the country club golf course. I would find lost golf balls in the woods and corn fields and the golfers would walk up to the fence and buy the golf balls that I had found, any where from a nickel for a cracked or lumpy one to a quarter for a shiney newer one. It sure beat pickin cotton for 3 cents a pound.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login