Findmall.com

New User Forum Sponsored by Kellyco

Welcome! Log In Register
Help me ID this please
Posted by: Vedsall
Date: August 29, 2015 03:15PM
I think it is a button. Has the year "1875" stamped on outer. Inside appears to be stars and what looks like the figure of a man holding some farm tool.

Re: Help me ID this please
Posted by: PSS1963
Date: August 30, 2015 06:42AM
Looks like you have a custom-made cufflink made from an old seated coin. I can't tell the diameter from the picture but it likely be either a quarter or a dime. The coin depicts liberty in a seated pose holding a staff with a cap on the end of it. Better a guy to have initials PMS than a chick! :rofl:

Congrats! That's a killer find! :clapping: :super: :cheers:

-pete

Pete - Eastern Massachusetts
Took a long time off but I'm back with a vengeance!

*Massachusetts Treasure Hunters Association:
Member 1987-1988

*Electrical Engineer / Technician
*Master Scuba Diver

*2015 - pres. Whites MXT All-Pro with coils: 5.3 Eclipse, 9" Spider,
8x6 SEF, 10x12 SEF
*1987 - 1989, 2014 White's 6000 Di Pro (blue box) w. hip-mount,
Blue Max - 256 (10") widescan, 6" concentric

*Oldest identifiable coin - (no-date) King William lll farthing (issued 1695 - 1700)
*2nd oldest "coin" - 1746 King George II half-penny (counterfeit?)

Posted by: Vedsall
Date: August 30, 2015 11:17AM
Thanks Pete. Somebody went through a lot of effort to personalize this. Here is hoping "PMS" was worthy. :)

Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: November 15, 2015 07:40AM
PSS1963
Looks like you have a custom-made cufflink made from an old seated coin. I can't tell the diameter from the picture but it likely be either a quarter or a dime. The coin depicts liberty in a seated pose holding a staff with a cap on the end of it. Better a guy to have initials PMS than a chick! :rofl:

Congrats! That's a killer find! :clapping: :super: :cheers:

-pete
Was cruising by the forums and noticed the fantastic find. That's made from TWO seated liberty coins! So cool!

The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.
Current Arsenal = V3i - (U13", 10"D2', 6 x 10", 950 concentric, 12" concentric, 12 x 10" SEF, 5.3 Eclipse); Fisher F75 LTD SE, Surf PI Pro w/DF coil, Sea Hunter MK2 - both coils, Sovereign GT - WOT monster, Fisher CZ21 - 10", Excal 2 - 10" GGA's, remote PP; Garrett AT Pro - U13", 8.5" x 11", 5" x 8" & GGA phones.
Digging goodies since 1986.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login