Findmall.com

New User Forum Sponsored by Kellyco

Welcome! Log In Register
Forum Notifications........
Posted by: Reef Runner
Date: November 30, 2015 06:38PM
Could someone tell me - When I receive a notification, that a thread that I am subscribed to has received a new post, HOW, do I go directly to "THAT" post ? Usually, when forums notifiy you of a new post, the link in the email takes you directly to "THAT" post, NOT, the original post (#1). As I am seeing it now, if I get a notification that there is a new post, in a thread that I am subscribed to, and that thread has 3,000 posts, then I've got to scroll through page after page, before I can get to the actual post, that I was notified about. Even scrolling through an entire page is a pain. This just doesn't seem right ????

I'm sure that I have missed a "setting", somewhere...........I hope. Someone please tell me how this works ! :confused:

nick, from North Carolina (a.k.a. Reef Runner)

Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Pro-Pointer, Whites TRX, Jolly Roger Phones, Lesche Digger, 31" Sampson, 31" Relic Hunter, RTG Scoop
Oldest Coin (1910 Barber Dime), Best Find (3-ringer), Strangest Find (Brass Urn Lid)
Clad Count (1933 coins)/($190.01)

Re: Forum Notifications........
Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: December 01, 2015 07:56PM
I just clicked on one that I received and it takes you to the post but it also includes a few around it. There was 4 on the page that came up but there were several older ones above the new one. Where it can be hard to find is when there are several new posts but you should be on the right page.

Posted by: Reef Runner
Date: December 01, 2015 09:58PM
Well, this doesn't really make logical sense. If you get a notification, of a new post within a thread you are subscribed to, then the link should take you directly to that post. :confused:

nick, from North Carolina (a.k.a. Reef Runner)

Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Pro-Pointer, Whites TRX, Jolly Roger Phones, Lesche Digger, 31" Sampson, 31" Relic Hunter, RTG Scoop
Oldest Coin (1910 Barber Dime), Best Find (3-ringer), Strangest Find (Brass Urn Lid)
Clad Count (1933 coins)/($190.01)

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: December 02, 2015 03:50PM
It does take you to the new post but for the forum to isolate only that post some one would have to type out that post and then e-mail it to us. The way its done down is done automaticly by the forum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login