Findmall.com

New User Forum Sponsored by Kellyco

Welcome! Log In Register
Newbie with Lots of ?'s
Posted by: BrianStag1
Date: March 01, 2016 09:36PM
Thanks in advance for your responses! I'm new to this forum and looking for your experience in helping me expand my hobby. Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, so please excuse my ignorance.

First, I'm looking to purchase a MD and I'm looking at the Garrett ACE 350, Minelab Xterra 305, or FIsher F4. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Next I would like to know if anyone is aware of a MD club in Central Ohio. I live in the Columbus area and would like to see if there are any groups here.

Finally, I am going to Bermuda and the Bahamas this summer on a cruise and wanted to find out what it takes and where to go for MD out there. (I read some BDA Hunter items that I found interesting but they were older posts.)

Thanks again for your help and answers!

Re: Newbie with Lots of ?'s
Posted by: surfman
Date: March 02, 2016 08:35PM
. I hope it's ok to post this link. All the detectors you have listed there are good choices. I had an Xterra 70 five or six years ago and really liked it. http://www.metaldetectingclubs.org/ohio/central-ohio-metal-detecting-association/ This also should help. Hopefully someone else will chime in and offer some advice. Good luck.

Been in the detecting hobby for around 17 years. Currently using; Minelab CTX3030 w/stock and 6" coils. For beach and water I have two Minelab Excaliburs. An Excal II, 10"on an Anderson Carbon Fiber over and under and a Blue 1000 with a 12x10sef on a green Anderson over and under. Both with remote PP and modified headphones.

Oldest Copper; 1694 King William&Mary

Oldest Silver; 1792 Half Reale

Gold Coin; 1852 $1.00 (Found with ATPro)

YouTube Channel; surfman1968

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2016 10:53AM by Elton.

Posted by: BrianStag1
Date: March 04, 2016 07:56AM
Thanks for the reply. I checked out both websites and unfortunately, the Ohio Metal Detecting looks to not be updated. I tried the contact us and there are a few forums to review, however, all the dates look to be old. The Central Ohio metal detecting site comes up as an Internet Error. I did track a facebook page to Central Ohio Metal Detecting Association, however, the last post was 2013. I still sent over a message as a last hope. Thanks for your comments on the type of MD to get. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one in the next two months.

Glad your here. WelcomeN/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: March 05, 2016 10:57AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: marydiggingangel
Date: March 12, 2016 09:18PM
Greetings, Im a newbie with a Garrett Ace 350 and I live in Anne Arundel county Maryland. Can anyone tell me if its legal to detect at public bus stops or the bike trail. I really hope no one laughs at me. Thank you for the chance to be here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login