Findmall.com

New User Forum Sponsored by Kellyco

Welcome! Log In Register
fattys?
Posted by: half-dime dave
Date: October 09, 2016 03:44PM
Hey Gang, I'm rather new to the forum so forgive me if I get lost from time to time. Anyway, my question is about "fatty" Indian head pennys. What's that mean and what years
of issue are we talking about? Thanks for your help.

Re: fattys?
Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: October 21, 2016 06:35PM
I've never found one but some of the early date indian heads were thicker than the later ones. I don't know what dates they were. A good coin book should show which ones.

Welcome to the forum..............
Posted by: Elton
Date: October 21, 2016 08:11PM
I'm sure your question will be answered. We have very knowledgeable people here and ..Their very helpful.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Re: fattys?
Posted by: surfman
Date: November 29, 2016 06:30PM
half-dime dave
Hey Gang, I'm rather new to the forum so forgive me if I get lost from time to time. Anyway, my question is about "fatty" Indian head pennys. What's that mean and what years
of issue are we talking about? Thanks for your help.
I'm guessing you've found the answer but in case you haven't. The '59-'64 Indian Head Penny's were Copper-nickel and were thicker than the ones that followed. Interestingly there are three different 1964 Indian Head Penny's. The '64 Copper-Nickel or "Fatty", the '64 Bronze and the '64 "L". The Fatty Indian Heads ring up a little lower then the other cents. Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Been in the detecting hobby for around 17 years. Currently using; Minelab CTX3030 w/stock and 6" coils. For beach and water I have two Minelab Excaliburs. An Excal II, 10"on an Anderson Carbon Fiber over and under and a Blue 1000 with a 12x10sef on a green Anderson over and under. Both with remote PP and modified headphones.

Oldest Copper; 1694 King William&Mary

Oldest Silver; 1792 Half Reale

Gold Coin; 1852 $1.00 (Found with ATPro)

YouTube Channel; surfman1968

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login