Findmall.com

New User Forum Sponsored by Kellyco

Welcome! Log In Register
Green hunter using F19 and carrot in Ohio
Posted by: grantham
Date: September 20, 2017 01:38PM
Hello to all,

Fairly new to the hobby. Early this summer, I started with a Garrett Carrot. I have been prospecting in nearby streams/creeks for a couple of years and honestly... I was probably a little too excited to have a waterproof stud finder.

After a few months, I found myself using the little carrot on occasion out in public if had some time to spare. I really liked how I could do a couple of sweeps in a busy area with the vibrate/silent mode and never get questioned. Almost all the finds were on the surface.

Then I researched and decided on the Fisher F19. Found a great deal (1/2 of MSRP). I currently have about 20hours under my belt. Most of it was on my property, working on proper digging techniques and just listening/sweeping. I then ventured to a park/playground and dug my arms off after 6hrs of digging all signals, but from what I gather there is no way to learn, but to dig.

Thanks!

Re: Green hunter using F19 and carrot in Ohio
Posted by: RogerW
Date: October 09, 2017 08:19PM
Had a etrac and now a deus. I am not now nor ever was really adept at metal detecting. Seems to me that while the better equipment can give you important clues as to what's under the coil, the only sure way is to dig. Otherwise you will pass up some good finds.

RDW

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login