Findmall.com

Other Hobbies Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Fishing!
Posted by: senda
Date: April 17, 2013 02:34PM
Here, in my country in Spain, also have those little wild trout, Uhmmmm! these small native trout river .... exquisite! I do not fish but you opened my appetite ...
thanks for sharing
By the way .... these Great Lakes are truly great, how much beach to detect:detecting:

Posted by: DetectorIsMyCoPilot
Date: April 24, 2013 11:46PM
I consider myself a pretty avid fisherman, but that hobby has been taking a back seat to detecting lately. Case in point, I had to decide last week between going fishing and going to a club hunt. I decided on the latter and ended up winning the top prize at the hunt! If it weren't for the salmon trip I'm taking this weekend, that could have been the death knell on my fishing hobby. Still might be if I get skunked and or sea sick!

Posted by: Fortuna
Date: February 11, 2014 07:38AM
I go fishing for Tuna off the Cape of Good Hope, South Africa, we catch on average 60 to 100 kilogram size fish from October to April, then its Amberjack and Snoek (Baracuda) for the rest of the year.
Will try to find some more pics to post.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: February 15, 2014 08:01PM
Wow Mud that is some nice eating! I would love to go Salmon and nugget hunting in Alaska. Right now that is part of my bucket list and I am hopeful in wiping it off. I just finishing watching a whole season on Netflix about trapping / fishing / living off the land in Alaska. Very, very interesting. Personally, the intervention therapy would have to include hunting / trapping / fishing and detecting. Lots of gold in AK!

mudpuppy
Yep, me too! Until that is, this metal detecting came along...those little native brookies up in the beaver ponds are amazing fighters and as pretty a fish as a guy could hope for. I've got 300' of river on the Muskegon river in primary steelhead/salmon/walleye/smallmouth water where I used to spend all my time...last time I was there, I took the detector instead of a rod....now its for sale...a friend of mine just called this week, says he just bought a fishing lodge on the Naknek river in King Salmon AK...asked if I wanted to come up this summer for kings...first thing out of my mouth..."is there any nuggets in the gravel?"...I was also thinking about that is my prime beach sweeping season,...so yeah, this detecting thing really grabbed a hold...maybe a bunch of us should get some fishing therapy and put these danged pennyfinders down for a while...like an intervention type of thing, except we get to fish again!
Mud

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: DigPan
Date: February 21, 2015 01:07PM
I trout fish.
I am lucky, I live in the Golden Corner of South Carolina. That is in the North West corner of the state. I can be in Georgia or North Carolina in less than 30 minutes. This makes me lucky enough to be able to reach the best trout fishing in the South East US withend less than 45 mins.

HH
MD'ing and Fishing
Donald

Posted by: phillyfire
Date: February 24, 2015 02:14PM
Saltwater guy here. striper,bluefish fluke and many others and a little bit of catfishing in the Delaware river. Ive also been known to do some crabbing in the Chesapeake bay area.

Posted by: Explorer
Date: March 12, 2015 03:45PM
37" black drum, Matagorda, Texas.

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living." and "Keep digging till you drop!"

Detectors.... V3i 6-2013, DFX 12-2005, Spectrum XLT (2015-for loaner) and Spectrum Eagle 6-1992 (retired).

Posted by: Beer Snob
Date: March 21, 2015 12:48AM
phillyfire
Saltwater guy here. striper,bluefish fluke and many others and a little bit of catfishing in the Delaware river. Ive also been known to do some crabbing in the Chesapeake bay area.

Same here. Saltwater fishing in Texas is AWESOME! Bought my 4X4 specifically for that purpose.
The only freshwater fishing I do is for catfish and that time is now upon us.

Posted by: farmer85j
Date: April 05, 2015 11:49PM
I grew up fly fishing for trout in tiny little creeks in northern new mexico. Found one lake nearby that has channel cat, now my gear are garcia 6000s and uglysticks. Seems like im the only one in this part of the world that fishes for catfish, trying for a new state record. HH all

Posted by: Mega
Date: April 25, 2015 08:46AM
I love flyfishing for trout in a few Scottish lochs,nothing nicer than on a pleasant summers evening when the rainbows are rising just before nightfall,very relaxing.

Must admit Fishing and Detecting does seem have alot in common 'It was that big' and 'It was that deep' honest :rofl:

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: July 27, 2015 07:51PM
i...I live in NJ we don't have small streams that hold native Brookies, most of our trout are stocked. We do have the ocean that holds some fine Striper fishing. Since I started MD I all but stoped fishing.I have to start again. We are having an open club hunt on October 10 ,2015 all of you guys and Grails are invited.Bring your fishing poles because it is on the beach. THE location i.s Presidents Beach Long branch NJ starts at ten. Go to our web page DeepSearchMetalDetectingClub.Hope to see a few folks there. We are going to have some nice prizes and good food.

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: August 11, 2015 12:18PM
That's what I have to get back into. I love surf fishing for Stripers. Ever since I started to swing a detector I stopped fishing. I am retired and still can't find the time to do both.

Jim

Posted by: Hardrock65
Date: August 30, 2015 10:55AM
I live in CO and hope to get up to twin lakes before snow sets in near Leadville to try and snag one of those big lake trout, the record was 50LB 44" back in 2007. If you've been there and can provide info tackle etc. I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Posted by: lasergod
Date: January 18, 2016 09:17PM
Let's try this. El Niño fishing this past July. Yellow Fin, real close to shore!

Posted by: lasergod
Date: January 18, 2016 10:16PM
El Niño fishing in so Cal. August 2015

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login