Findmall.com

Other Hobbies Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Handcrafted Ink Pens
Posted by: Sataro
Date: October 26, 2016 08:34AM
Making custom ink pens started out as a hobby. I was planning on making a few pens for family & friends. Coworkers started asking if I would be willing to sell them. Now my hobby pays for my metal detector hobby. Here is one of my latest ink pens.

The top of the pen is an exact replica of a 3 ring .58 cal musket ball. The lower end of the pen is an exact replica of a .44 cal revolver bullet shot of the 1860 revolver of that era. The clip represents an 1860 Springfield that shot the .58 cal 3 ringer. The flag represents the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, otherwise known as a confederate flag.

Nokta Impact | Whites MXT Pro | Tesoro Vaquero | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Re: Handcrafted Ink Pens
Posted by: vito
Date: November 02, 2016 01:09PM
Wow. They look great.
That is a wonderful piece of fancywork.
:thumbup:

Date: November 02, 2016 02:41PM
vito
Wow. They look great.
That is a wonderful piece of fancywork.
:thumbup:

Thanks for the comments.

Nokta Impact | Whites MXT Pro | Tesoro Vaquero | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Date: November 02, 2016 02:45PM
This is my latest pen that I made. It is a rollerball ink pen made out of blue stabilized buckeye burl wood.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: November 03, 2016 09:11AM
Beautiful Work.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: Mega
Date: November 05, 2016 04:18AM
Certainly things of beauty,love that last 'Blue' one,that is a quality piece of craftmanship :clapping:

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Date: November 05, 2016 10:14PM
GeorgeinSC
Beautiful Work.

Thanks for the comments!

Date: November 05, 2016 10:16PM
Mega
Certainly things of beauty,love that last 'Blue' one,that is a quality piece of craftmanship :clapping:

Thanks for the comments. This was a nice rollerball designed pen First time that I worked with buckeye burl wood. Will have to get some more of this wood.

Date: November 09, 2016 10:33PM
Besides pens, I also make razors out of acrylic, wood, & antler.

Date: December 19, 2016 01:13PM
This past week was busy. Made some more bolt action pens.
Three bolt actions & one .308 bullet pen.

Left to right:
Maple, Spectraply, Osage Orange, Black Cherry, Zebra Wood, Tiger Wood, Mesquite, & Osage Orange

Posted by: shortcut1224
Date: April 16, 2017 04:34PM
I enjoy some time at the lathe also.

Posted by: pplinker
Date: October 06, 2017 09:44AM
Sataro, you have a great talent! Beautiful work. Wonder you have time to metal detect.

Shortcut I'm guessing those are duck calls. Beautiful!

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: shortcut1224
Date: October 15, 2017 03:53PM
Yup been making duck calls, deere grunts and predator calls for a lot of years. Made and sold around 3,000 pens kinda got tired of pens and went to calls, vases and wine stoppers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login