Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Introduce Yourself....What Type Of Metal Detecting Do You Do With Purchasing A New ATX In Mind? :biggrin:
Posted by: arthas
Date: May 19, 2015 05:38PM
Hi everybody,
I'm from France and I prepare myself to go to the Burkina Faso. I've already finished all government procedure to be able to begin my hunt party.
I've found your products on the Internet and I'm interested by the ATX model. First of all I want to know if this is the good one for my destination ?
We'll be two to use it, between 5 and 7H per day. My second question is about the deep. To how many meters, the ATX is able to detect gold. I know that depend of the size of the nugget just to have an idea.
BTW, I will check on your forum if there are other information that could be useful for my trip.

Thanks in advance

Re: Introduce Yourself....What Type Of Metal Detecting Do You Do With Purchasing A New ATX In Mind? :biggrin:
Posted by: wvrick
Date: August 28, 2015 08:38PM
Hey Everybody,

I started to look at the ATX about two weeks ago after watching some youtube videos. I have a few detectors now but no PI machines, I'm thinking of trying Prospecting. I already jewelry hunt, water and sand hunt, coin hunt, and starting to travel to the beaches to hunt. After watching quite a few videos I'm really liking the ATX and thinking of adding one by fall.

HH Rick

Posted by: Hauskie
Date: September 03, 2015 08:33PM
I plan to do some testing in the gold bearing areas in my home state and perhaps will take it with me into some other areas when I travel there.

My first efforts will be in Arizona and New Mexico and perhaps later in California and Colorado.

I am pretty new to the area of metal detecting but plan to be serious about it.

I hear this unit (an ATX) would be able to detect up to 20 inches deep.

Posted by: SPIN1963
Date: September 29, 2015 07:00PM
Hello to all!

Newbie in metal detecting ... just sprung for an ATX (GULP). I am all ears.

Thanks in advance.

SPIN

Posted by: ACK449
Date: January 09, 2016 11:13PM
all types mostly gold:iam in so cal area lots of gold bearing areas to search without water and with the the new atx unlimited areas to explore

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 11:21PM by ACK449.

Posted by: Stitcher71
Date: February 14, 2016 07:02PM
Hey folks! Brand new to the world of metal detecting. I live in NH, about 10 minutes from the beaches. Just purchased a Garrett ATX (arriving tomorrow) and looking forward to hitting some beaches and maybe finding some locals to show me the ropes. Heading to the Gulf Coast of Florida in a couple of days, I guess that's where I'll cut my teeth with this thing. Total history buff so once I get into this hobby, I'll be looking to hit some civil war battle fields or encampment areas. Not sure how to go about that, but I'll figure it out!

Posted by: steelheadwill
Date: February 21, 2016 05:08PM
Stitcher71
Hey folks! Brand new to the world of metal detecting. I live in NH, about 10 minutes from the beaches. Just purchased a Garrett ATX (arriving tomorrow) and looking forward to hitting some beaches and maybe finding some locals to show me the ropes. Heading to the Gulf Coast of Florida in a couple of days, I guess that's where I'll cut my teeth with this thing. Total history buff so once I get into this hobby, I'll be looking to hit some civil war battle fields or encampment areas. Not sure how to go about that, but I'll figure it out!
Hi Stitcher71,
Welcome to the NH metal detecting arena, lots of stuff out there, been at it myself since 03-2010 and never would have believed the artifacts I've recovered if I hadn't done it myself lol.
have fun in FL and great digs to ya! Herbie.

See More Finds at www.yougofishing.com !

Re: Just Curious....What Type Of Metal Detecting Do You Do With Purchasing A New ATX In Mind? :confused:
Posted by: Moulaye2016
Date: May 01, 2016 07:57AM
Hello where i can buy atx ? Please help me thanks you

Posted by: Luc
Date: May 03, 2016 08:52AM
I use it mainly in salt water...if it was producing Les drag:stars: would even use it more ! :rolleyes:

Posted by: Michael musumeci
Date: May 21, 2016 11:32AM
Hi, Any date yet when Garrett's new ATX coils will be available? Thanks Mike

Posted by: Desert Detective
Date: September 16, 2016 09:19AM
Well I will make it official and continue the tradition here. I live and hunt the Northern Rim of the Mohave Desert mostly in Southern Utah. I will be buying my ATX w/ the deepseeker package and 8" monocoil for my birthday next month with my beautiful wife's blessings. I currently relic hunt with a Teknetics T2 SE and want greater depth and stability on hot ground. I also want to do some Nugget Shooting and Beach Detecting which the ATX will certainly do that. I

KNOWN AS: Desert Detective. METAL DETECTORS: Garrett ATX w/Deepseeker, Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics T2 SE. GEAR: Hermit 34 Pick, Predator Tools Pearl Pick, Piranha Shovel Little Eagle Shovel, and the Original Side Digger, Garmin 64st Deep Canyon, GoPro Hero4 Silver and Pretty Much a Ton of Crevicing Picks, Tools and Hammers. TYPE OF DETECTING: Desert Detecting; Relics, Nuggets AND occasionally Coins HUNTING LOCATION TYPES: Desert, Wagon Trails, Lost Treasures, Gold Fields, Ghost Towns, Homesteads, Camp Grounds, Beach, Lakes, Rivers, Washes and occasionally Parks. EXPERIENCE: 1 Year.

Posted by: Bill Moure
Date: January 17, 2017 04:07PM
I am looking for a metal detector that will locate iron or copper one to four feet underground.
I am trying to arrange an expedition to look for vaults containing documents from the Franklin Expedition (1845) on King William Island. From what I have been able to determine, what searching has been done with metal detectors has been pretty shallow.
The testimony is a steel box containing documents was buried and perhaps encased in cement.
Royal Navy protocol is to bury documents in a copper cylinder made for this purpose.
How would the Garrett ATX deepseeker perform for this purpose?

Posted by: vaun_c
Date: June 08, 2017 08:12PM
I wanted a 'General purpose' detector that was Saltwater friendly .. most of my hunting is done in the Caribbean & while valuables are nice, that's not necessarily what I'm looking for. Still trying to learn the nuances of the ATX in saltwater and would love to get some feedback from more experienced users. ( http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,2371966 )
Look forward to hearing from you.

Posted by: Moseskhumalo
Date: June 18, 2017 12:05PM
Hi everyone,I am new in this forum but I have been using ATX since it came out in 2013,its Avery good detector, I am still using the stock coil,I would like to here your experience on the new 11x13 coils dd/mono vs stock coil! Which is better on hash ground,not theoretical ,I need practical experience please

Posted by: BobOso
Date: July 15, 2017 06:11PM
Bill Moure
I am looking for a metal detector that will locate iron or copper one to four feet underground.
I am trying to arrange an expedition to look for vaults containing documents from the Franklin Expedition (1845) on King William Island. From what I have been able to determine, what searching has been done with metal detectors has been pretty shallow.
The testimony is a steel box containing documents was buried and perhaps encased in cement.
Royal Navy protocol is to bury documents in a copper cylinder made for this purpose.
How would the Garrett ATX deepseeker perform for this purpose?

Bill, The deep seeker would probably work for you, if I get within 3 feet of a fence with the stock coil it will sound off.(that's just under 1 meter for those on the metric system)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 06:13PM by BobOso.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login