Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Introduce Yourself....What Type Of Metal Detecting Do You Do With Purchasing A New ATX In Mind? :biggrin:
Posted by: Detectorbits
Date: January 08, 2014 01:38PM
Hopefully not Fisher, not for an old used secondhand detector surely, who knows, we will see.

Re: Introduce Yourself....What Type Of Metal Detecting Do You Do With Purchasing A New ATX In Mind? :biggrin:
Posted by: Swat0155
Date: January 08, 2014 04:47PM
Hi detectorbits let me know how much the duty/tax will cost because I am looking at importing from us.

Regards matthew :please:

Posted by: Fishers Ghost
Date: January 09, 2014 03:53PM
I was refering to a new ATX at the USA price imported to the UK. by a private citizen type purchaser.
The cost of a second hand item will depend on the type of item and how much the sale price is and where it is to be shipped to,

Just input the requested details and use the calculation at that link and you will be told the duty tax and final total purchase price.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 03:59PM by Fishers Ghost.

Date: January 13, 2014 11:42AM
Im not overly bothered Fishers Ghost. If I get stung for a bit of duty so be it.

Date: January 20, 2014 02:35PM
Quite a few people are now talking about the ATX in the UK and wether it will be useful under our soil conditions. I should have mine soon I hope. I have a very nice large field I want to try it on that we have literally hit to death over the last ten years with all the normal Minelab machines mostly like all the different Explorer models, Xterra 70 and lately the CTX. Had many many hundreds of Roman coins mostly but also a fair number of hammered silver medieval coins and also a number of 2000 year old silver celtic coins. We rarely get a signal now even from junk, so its going to be a good test with the ATX, We will be using the paint method even though the ATX will give us some idea of Iron signals on the shallower targets theres going to be a lot of deeper signals that we will check out by using a CTX in all metal with a small coil on possibly and will be checking out all the paint marked signals thoroughly deeper down If they dont show up as Iron, they will be the ones that may have a nice silver coin deeper down :smile: It could open up our fields to a lot more finds below normal depths.

Posted by: Mega
Date: January 22, 2014 10:30AM
Detectorbits
Quite a few people are now talking about the ATX in the UK and wether it will be useful under our soil conditions. I should have mine soon I hope. I have a very nice large field I want to try it on that we have literally hit to death over the last ten years with all the normal Minelab machines mostly like all the different Explorer models, Xterra 70 and lately the CTX. Had many many hundreds of Roman coins mostly but also a fair number of hammered silver medieval coins and also a number of 2000 year old silver celtic coins. We rarely get a signal now even from junk, so its going to be a good test with the ATX, We will be using the paint method even though the ATX will give us some idea of Iron signals on the shallower targets theres going to be a lot of deeper signals that we will check out by using a CTX in all metal with a small coil on possibly and will be checking out all the paint marked signals thoroughly deeper down If they dont show up as Iron, they will be the ones that may have a nice silver coin deeper down :smile: It could open up our fields to a lot more finds below normal depths.

Thats exactly what i have in mine,as i dont live near the sea the waterproof aspect is not required but the depth certainly is,have been perfecting the paint technique for some time and all ready have the spray paint that i carry with me all the time.

Still have about another 4 months before i hit the buy button as my minimum buying criteria is 6-9 months after the launch of a brand new detector,although i am really eager to buy one sooner i still wont move the goal posts till the minimum 6 months are up.

My plan is also using it on pasture as i feel the ATX could find some nice finds that a VLF machine cannot locate.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: SRFlynn
Date: February 10, 2014 05:39PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I am going to purchase the ATX soon and need some advice please. My grandfather started taking me detecting when I was four years old, and now I want to introduce my sons and nephew to it. I would like to take a 4 or 5 day camping trip this year to a location where we can do some gold prospecting, or something similar. We live in Illinois, but I was thinking about heading to Colorado or someplace like that. I would like to take them someplace where we at least have a chance at finding something. If you had your choice, where would you go? Thanks in advance for your help! Steve

Posted by: ncarolina
Date: February 22, 2014 10:15AM
I do any kind of detecting with ATX, and AT-pro T2. your right id agree with what they cost should give you a hard case!! anyone have a idea the dimensions on the hard case so I can just buy one close? thanks for the add

Re: Introduce Yourself....What Type Of uMetal Detecting Do You Do With Purchasing A New ATX In Mind? :biggrin:
Posted by: Sarge22
Date: February 24, 2014 05:33AM
Hi I have been using an infinium for many years and have had good success finding nuggets here in Aus but reading about the ATX decided it was time to up grade. I mainly hunt for gold but don't mind finding the odd relic. I decided on the deep seeker packaged but am still waiting for delivery as there is a bit of a supply problem at the moment, a bit frustrating cause I'm busting to get out and swing the beast. Anyway all good things come to those who wait. Great forum with a lot of great info about the ATX. That's my short story and now it's back to reading more info about the ATX.

Posted by: gordo
Date: February 28, 2014 03:18PM
When I finally get my Deepseeker package I will be prospecting and relic hunting in Southern Oregon and Northern California. Looking forward to something rugged and compact that I can strap to a backpack or toss in with the camping gear and head out to the mountains.....
This will be my first detector. I borrow a friends AT Gold from time to time and love how it works.

Posted by: whogee
Date: March 03, 2014 09:21AM
Hello All,
I do alot of 4x4 quading in California now I can take my new ATX with me since it's compact and durable.(Thanks Larry from Big Valley Metal detectors)
Just want to find some Goodies in the mountains or beaches.

Thanks,
---Richard

Posted by: hecbom
Date: March 14, 2014 05:11PM
Sitting on the fence about buying an ATX deep seeking package. I own a Tejon for coins and a GMT for prospecting. I enjoy backpacking with Detector in pack and head for the mountains here in Southern California. I am about 20 minutes from Gold bearing areas from the 1850's so I figure that a deep seeking unit would be a lot better than picking up flakes with my GMT.

Re: Just Curious....What Type Of Metal Detecting Do You Do With Purchasing A New ATX In Mind? :confused:
Posted by: togg77
Date: March 21, 2014 06:13PM
Hi Mr. Argyle
a question--on the ATX intro forum you stated that the atx had the garrett PI sound and that it is unpleasant. Could you describe the sound--I currently have a TDI Pro and the threshold chatter is maddening--I am trying to decide if I need an ATX. I also have a couple ML PI's,but hate the battery wires. Thanks for your time and info.

Posted by: DeepIron
Date: March 22, 2014 09:16PM
Hi my names, Tynell.
I come from the currently frigid wilds of Alberta, Canada.

Finally got mine, gonna try to find some new Canadian meteorites with it. Will give me something to do while i wait for river levels to go down for gold sluicing.
Also have been researching all of the old 1905~ era one room school sites in the area to see if i can get a little more coin shooting action in too.

Posted by: Huntinal
Date: April 06, 2014 01:58PM
Just trying to figure out which unit to get for starting out... Often end up buying multiple units of whatever I'm trying to learn and am thinking about skipping that method and going for the ultimate to start off with. Thoughts? as I am new to all of this. Just don't want to end up with a pile of units I won't use.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login