Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
New Lighter ATX Coils Coming Soon!
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: January 20, 2016 06:39PM
Click For Products http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/pdfs/Garrett_New_Products_2016.pdf

NEWS RELEASE JANUARY 20, 2016

Garrett additionally released details of two new, larger 11”x13” closed searchcoils for the ATX
pulse induction detector. Available in either a DD or mono configuration, the new ATX coil will
be lighter weight and offers increased depth versus the standard ATX searchcoil. The new closed
style provides more resistance to scrubbing of the coil against the ground and allows gold prospectors
to use the upper coil deck to sift/find tiny nuggets easier. The new ATX searchcoil includes
an exclusive Garrett design slide-lock system that creates a center-mount style while still allowing
the ATX to collapse into its soft cover carrying case. Designated for a mid-year release, the new
ATX coil will be available as the new standard offering on ATX detectors and can be purchased as
an accessory coil by existing ATX customers. More details and pricing on the new ATX packages
will be forthcoming.

Re: New Lighter ATX Coils Coming Soon!
Posted by: lzoerb
Date: January 30, 2016 11:33AM
I plan to purchase the ATX for this summer, and hopefully they provide this new coil before too long. Anyone have any idea when it's going to be available as the standard deep seeker package?

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: February 07, 2016 12:21AM
This spring some time.....

Posted by: Grilled Scallops
Date: March 19, 2016 06:40AM
Sounds sweet. I'm most interested in what they mean by more depth. More depth...on big or large nuggets? Or just more depth on everything? How much more depth?

Posted by: Southpaw
Date: March 19, 2016 11:27PM
First day of spring is tomorrow :beers:

John-Edmonton
This spring some time.....

Posted by: DetectorDetective
Date: January 18, 2017 11:53AM
Well, it's been a year since the news release mentioned in the original post ...

I've finally seen some youtube videos come out of people using 11” x 13” closed search coils for the ATX, but I have yet to see any sellers list a 11 "x 13" closed as their standard offering on a ATX detector package. Is anyone selling such a package?

Posted by: beav
Date: January 23, 2017 09:06AM
John,

Have not seen any sellers selling them yet, but I did ask Radioworld.ca and they said they could special order it in.
I also posted in another thread on here that Garrett now have them up on their web site, conceivably for sale:
http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_atx_searchcoils_en.aspx

Beav

Posted by: shelton7522
Date: January 25, 2017 12:58PM
Joke. Why? The main weight is weight of shaft not coi. So you save 50 to 100 grams... sorry. They should change shaft for lighter material.

Date: January 26, 2017 01:58PM
shelton7522
Joke. Why? The main weight is weight of shaft not coi. So you save 50 to 100 grams... sorry. They should change shaft for lighter material.

While lighter weight would be nice, I'm more interested in the new 11" x 13" Garrett coils for the closed design (better resistance to sounding off when scrubbing stuff on the surface), the supposed increased depth performance and the center mount.

The Garrett site lists both the new 11" x 13" closed DD and the 11" x 13" Mono as standard options when purchasing a new ATX:

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_atx_main_en.aspx

However I've yet to find a dealer web site listing such a package. And web inquires to Kellyco have gone unanswered.

Date: January 26, 2017 02:04PM
If you want to closed design, get the closed cover coil. They should care about quality issue first, than design and practical aspects.Sorry, but the prices of Garrett coils are sick itself. And design should be better. Heavy shaft is not good idea at this price level, Garrett ATX is very good machine but design is poor.

Posted by: hooelo
Date: January 28, 2017 08:42PM
Kellyco is already offering new Atx with solid coils

Date: January 30, 2017 06:55PM
hooelo

Thanks -- looks like they've finally updated their web site and added the packages that include the 11 x 13 closed coils.

Posted by: Ozleif
Date: February 23, 2017 08:05PM
hooelo

Available in stock on their website, but it's not quite so. :nono: :pinnochio

I ordered and payed for one over a week ago and when asking for a shipping tracking number, was told they were waiting for stock. :confused:

Posted by: Ozleif
Date: April 14, 2017 09:09PM
Two month and still waiting on the Mono coil that was paid for, also paid for freight . :shrug: :cry:

Date: April 15, 2017 01:39AM
Nothing unusuall.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login