Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
How much is luck? How much is skill?
Posted by: Booty Hunter
Date: May 04, 2016 05:42PM
Just wondering what you guys think. Sometimes I find things in places I don't expect to get anything. Some days I'm hot, most others I'm batting zero. How much is skill and how much is just plain old luck? Photo shows some silver I grabbed last week. Just when you think you know your ATX you get thrown a surprise. The silver chain sounded just like an aluminum can. I didn't even know it was silver until I got home because it was so shiny and sounded weird. Picked up a small 14k ring this morning.

Re: How much is luck? How much is skill?
Posted by: Dancer
Date: May 13, 2016 10:28AM
Like the saying goes. Miss it by a inch, same as a mile.
Couple years ago I was deep into one of my gold dry spells. As I was going to take a break at a picnic table, Eye balled a 10k ladies ring right beneath the table. Go figure.

Posted by: Lake Hunter
Date: May 13, 2016 03:21PM
I'm not new to PI units, but I'm new to the ATX. I've hunted swimming holes many many times with other PI and VLF units, and I thought the holes were hunted out. But with the ATX, I have been finding gold again. The key thing I noticed immediately is that the finds are way deeper. So the ATX is reaching the deep gold jewelry. But I welcome any luck that comes with it.

Nothing like seeing GOLD in the scoop !!!

Posted by: Dancer
Date: May 13, 2016 05:28PM
Lake Hunter
I'm not new to PI units, but I'm new to the ATX. I've hunted swimming holes many many times with other PI and VLF units, and I thought the holes were hunted out. But with the ATX, I have been finding gold again. The key thing I noticed immediately is that the finds are way deeper. So the ATX is reaching the deep gold jewelry. But I welcome any luck that comes with it.

That's good to hear about the Atx. There's more than a couple of Big A owners finding this out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login