Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
2nd GOLD the 2nd time out with ATX
Posted by: Lake Hunter
Date: May 07, 2016 11:31PM
Took my ATX to the freshwater river with the heavy blacksand and the ATX handled it with NO problem. It ground balanced without a flaw. Very stable and it goes super deep. My old Infinium wasn't even close to the depth the ATX gets. The iron check saved my arm from digging unwanted targets.

I was able to find a really nice 14K pendant and a junk ring. All in all it was a great learning experience with the ATX today.

Nothing like seeing GOLD in the scoop !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 11:33PM by Lake Hunter.

Re: 2nd GOLD the 2nd time out with ATX
Posted by: denny
Date: May 08, 2016 12:00AM
Lake Hunter
Took my ATX to the freshwater river with the heavy blacksand and the ATX handled it with NO problem. It ground balanced without a flaw. Very stable and it goes super deep. My old Infinium wasn't even close to the depth the ATX gets. The iron check saved my arm from digging unwanted targets.

I was able to find a really nice 14K pendant and a junk ring. All in all it was a great learning experience with the ATX today.

Congrats on the gold!

Yes the ATX goes real deep! I use a shovel instead of a water scoop in the dry sand. The shovel is much easier to dig in rocky bottoms. I could imagine how hard it will be when I'm hunting water up to my neck with a water scoop!

HHdenny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2016 12:02AM by denny.

Posted by: Lake Hunter
Date: May 08, 2016 12:37AM
denny
Lake Hunter

Congrats on the gold!

Yes the ATX goes real deep! I use a shovel instead of a water scoop in the dry sand. The shovel is much easier to dig in rocky bottoms. I could imagine how hard it will be when I'm hunting water up to my neck with a water scoop!

HHdenny

Thanks Denny.

I was hunting in knee to waist deep water today. Water was a little too swift to go any deeper. I will wait until water slows down before I do that. There are a few lakes I will be hunting regularly until river levels drop.

The ATX is a blast to hunt with. I'm sure glad I upgraded to it. Maybe we can meet up in the near future for a water hunt.

Darryl

Nothing like seeing GOLD in the scoop !!!

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: May 25, 2016 12:31AM
Excellent!:thumbup:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login