Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
military model of atx
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: May 10, 2016 08:49PM
Does anyone have any info on the military model of the atx? The owner of the Ford dealership here claims he has one that he bought from the surplus military sales for 2400.00 This was Directly from the military--not the Army/Navy store.

Re: military model of atx
Posted by: Grilled Scallops
Date: May 11, 2016 12:55AM
He got a used ATX for 2400? And he's the one doing the laughing?

Posted by: togg77
Date: May 11, 2016 04:46PM
Hi Grilled,it was brand new in original wrapping.

Posted by: Old California
Date: May 11, 2016 09:54PM
Maybe a Recon?

Hope it wasn't a Recon the that amount.

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: Gold Buddy
Date: May 15, 2016 03:22PM
Amazon.com two left $2100.75

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your right's

Date: May 18, 2016 09:22AM
Gold Buddy--wonder if they are the Real military model or just Named so??

Posted by: denny
Date: May 18, 2016 10:20AM
doc holiday232
Does anyone have any info on the military model of the atx? The owner of the Ford dealership here claims he has one that he bought from the surplus military sales for 2400.00 This was Directly from the military--not the Army/Navy store.
Did you do a google search? Sounds like your friend bought a garrett recon amd-1000 machine and paid too much. Can buy one for around $700 used. It's not better than the ATX for nugget or jewelry hunting nor is it the same machine.

Date: May 21, 2016 12:04PM
If it came Directly from a military depot would it be the Recon?

Posted by: duane jones
Date: June 05, 2016 03:19PM
I have a Recon and I like it. I think it does a good job. The only difference is that there is no discrimination settings but that's OK I dig everything anyhow.I got mine from Craigslist for $450 with backpack and battery charger and all accessories.

Posted by: ecmjamsit
Date: June 05, 2016 09:31PM
I'm looking at buying one to hunt gold nuggets in 10,000 foot plus mountains. Anybody doing this? I have read about a guy doing very well finding rings underwater near beaches. I heard the recon has problem in trashy areas.

Posted by: duane jones
Date: June 06, 2016 11:34AM
The Recon is an all metal detector so you can expect to be doing alot more digging than you would with a discriminating detector but you will have more sensetivity with a Recon AML.I have picked up gold at 12" in sand so I think if you find one for around $300-$450 you have found a very basic ATX.if you look at the base of the handle grip you'll find the date of manufacture and that should help you negotiate a better price.

Posted by: denny
Date: June 06, 2016 12:30PM
The recon is more like the infinium. Doesn't get deeper than the ATX and less sensitive to small targets.
The new ATX will be even deeper with its upgraded stock coil.

Posted by: beav
Date: June 07, 2016 10:04AM
When are the new upgraded stock coils due to be released, for the ATX?

Posted by: Blue n Gray
Date: August 04, 2016 08:26AM
I have a Recon and still trying to figure it out. Seems like a good machine. Wanted it so on rainy days I could still dig and not have to wrap up my GPX. lol

Date: August 04, 2016 04:15PM
My relic career,40+ years, has primarily been the pursuit of cannon projectiles,smooth bore and rifled so an all metal nondiscrim detector that is HOT on iron is what I want.Sounds like the Recon may be getting there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login