Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
The ATX is really an extraordinary machine :thumbup:
Posted by: Lake Hunter
Date: May 31, 2016 12:38AM
I went out early this morning to a spot I've hunted before and was skunked due to all the blacksand and hot rocks. But I've really been doing a lot of research on this spot and all the research points to possible older finds being lost there. This is the first time the ATX has been there. So when I got to the spot and started hunting, I ground balanced over the hot rocks and it worked. I had to ground balance a few times more over certain sized hot rocks, but it was stable after. I'm learning more and more by reading articles and watching videos on the ATX and also just using it for hours and hours. The reddish covered Jefferson nickel is newer but it was found in the same spot the silver was. The ring on the left is junk and the ring on the right is .925 silver. I dug all solid signals and did find a lot of iron the iron check didn't catch because of the depth on some. I didn't find any gold today, which was a bummer. But maybe next time. I will be hunting this spot over and over.

Nothing like seeing GOLD in the scoop !!!

Re: The ATX is really an extraordinary machine :thumbup:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: May 31, 2016 11:37PM
Well.......if you can't get gold, silver is always second runner up. And you got silver......some old too.:thumbup:

Date: June 01, 2016 12:41AM
John-Edmonton
Well.......if you can't get gold, silver is always second runner up. And you got silver......some old too.:thumbup:

Thanks John, this spot dates back to the1880s so I'm hoping there's even older silver there.

Posted by: Dancer
Date: June 08, 2016 04:50AM
Got yourself a nice spot there L Hunter. Watch out, possibly there's good stuff underneath the junk being masked. What do ya think ?

Posted by: denny
Date: June 08, 2016 12:17PM
Dancer
Got yourself a nice spot there L Hunter. Watch out, possibly there's good stuff underneath the junk being masked. What do ya think ?
I agree.
I've found gold right under iron before.

Date: June 08, 2016 02:45PM
I have been digging everything in this spot.

Posted by: JLJLochland
Date: June 08, 2016 02:58PM
I'm here in NM and have found several places with a lot of hot rocks. Do hot rocks, especially a thick layer, increase the possibility of finding gold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login